Valoompadoom Pink!

francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
edited November 2014 in Strut Central

Did this make any noise when it came out?
I remember seeing an Ad in The Source and that was it, I dont know anyone in my city who copped it, never saw it in shops (here or London) basically nothing.

I picked it up this year (saw it in a London store for the first time) and I cant believe how good it is.
I just don't understand how this album slipped into obscurity, maybe sounded a bit soft at the time? I really don't know but here in 2014 its getting spun daily.

Comments

• I was not checking for anything but mainstream hip hop in 1991 (age related) so I had never heard of this album until this thread.

A quick youtube search brought up a few songs that definitely sound like they could be #1-Classics in someone's private mindgarden. Will keep an eye out for this when out in the field.

Thanks for posting it!

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    never heard of it but i'm looking forward to checking it out now - thanks!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I've got a sealed original of this if anyone wants it for $5 plus shipping.

/threadjack

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Never heard of ESP, but this is quite an early use of Nautilus:

• I bumped this back in the day. It was kind of lesser known like Rappin' Is Fundamental and Powerule.

• Strut needs more threads like this!! Big ups to the OP!!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i stupidly slept on this forever

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "Fingertips" is a cool cut. Two different mixes on the 12, both of them solid. Never heard the whole album, though.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Select had some good stuff. I liked Brothers Uv Da Blakmarket, Positively Black, KGB, and the BTX:

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    Yep, Select put out quite a few albums around the early 90's, I always liked the A-TEAM album.