Etiquette

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
edited August 2014 in Strut Central
If you see a dwarf at a cashpoint, and he can't reach the keypad, or see what's on the screen, should you offer to lift him up?

I was alerted to the situation when wifey and #1 came running to me in a shop, literally lachrymose with laughter, because a traumatised #2 (4 years old) had witnessed this and could not compute what was going down.

I vote yes and that man wouldn't take offence, so long as #2 wasn't pointing and crying at the same time.

YMMV?

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I am also told the dwarf was ginger, for full disclosure.

Talk about being dealt a Dead Man's Hand.

• dude, dwarf is not the preferred nomenclature

Life's too short to split hairs, N*il.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    If he can't reach the keys, offer to lend him some cash if he's a bit short

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    neil_something said:
    dude, dwarf is not the preferred nomenclature

So what is it these days?
    I'm guessing midget and littl'un aren't in the mix.

Time Bandit?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Isn't one of our board members a dwarf?

I could swear I remember some strutter saying that he was, and e was angry about somebody joking about it.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    The cops recently caught some guy fucking an ATM. When they asked what he was doing he said, "oh I just came into some money."

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

So would anyone offer to help him?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

No, but I blame society.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

I would ask if I could help but then let them determine what was needed and ask for something specific. I mean, if he wanted you to kneel down and act like a stool I'd probably have to say no.

Seriously, what BB said.
    Ask if he wants help. I doubt a person would ask to be picked up.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I would immediately run over to the dwarf at the cashpoint and hoist it aloft and mash the little handlettes into the keyboard for e-gold access and queue facilitiation. I'm a helper!

For srsbro it's like is it obvi a thing he's not encountering often like is he looking around inviting help--or even: "hey, can you fuckin help me here, this place is bullshit with the cashpoint* bruv?" Usually adults in these situations will ask for help if they need it. I like to think I watch and stay open to eye contact so if they're borderline and help is probably welcome then I'm like head nod up eyebrow raise "can I help?' and boom yes or no is after that and then of course we're now going to be doing the mathS on the assistance requested which by the way is 1000% not going to be involve picking the PERSON up.

Did you just want to make fun of a little person here? You're pushing my isms doggie...

(couldn't work in Dink-ledger like bank ledger.)

*cashpointe is a good word.

strutt.

dukeofdelridge said:

*cashpointe is a good word.

strutt.

No it is not. Why can't these people learn to speak American?

Did you see there are now bitcoin ATMs.
    The things are brilliant. You can change actual physical dollars into bitcoins. Sorry, can't use them to change bitcoins to dollars.

dukeofdelridge said:

The things are brilliant. You can change actual physical dollars into bitcoins. Sorry, can't use them to change bitcoins to dollars.

I am putting the final touches on my DukeyDollar ATM as we strutt. It's an empty refrigerator box I've cut some slots in. I drag it out to the street corner and climb inside. You put in cash. As much as you want. Any currency, really. I make beepy sounds as I draw your crayon DukeyDollars. WHIRRRR they slide out, you put them in your fanny pack (UK meaning), and go on your way.

Like bitcoin ATM, this is currently a one-way transaction.

Almost done with the paint.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Yesterday on the streets of Chicago I came upon a little person wearing a baggier jean, a backward yellow baseball cap and like some gators, standing out on the sidewalk smoking. I had the inclination to 'gram a photo from the back captioned "rap game Tyrion Lannister" before I came to my senses. Also bought a betta fish from a little person cashier at Petsmart over the weekend - she used a stool.

LaserWolf said:
    Why can't these people learn to speak American?

The things are brilliant.

:face_melt:

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I wouldn't offer, but would help if asked. I don;t know how that would happen without being awkward, though. Lift him up and avert my eyes as he enters his pin? Do it for him (I don't want to know your pin, bro). Footstool-style? I would think he'd have contingency plans for this sort fo thing.

DB_Cooper said:
    I would think he'd have contingency plans for this sort fo thing.

Right?
    He just found out that he is small and the rest of the world tall today?

• DB_Cooper said:
    I would think he'd have contingency plans for this sort fo thing.