World Cup sh*t tawk

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    skel said:

FUCK Honduras and their thug players, and fuck the shitty ref who condoned it all game long.

And while we're at it, FUCK the whole Argentina squad for their latest Malvinas ass-hurtery.

I guess ingerlandman don't like it up 'em after all, eh?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    For anyone else having Fantasy League withdrawal, I started a Soul Strut league on the official Fantasy World Cup game that just launched.

If you already registered 4 years ago, it should still work.

Join the league here

Sadly no option to name your team (Faith Neymar etc) but that probably speeds up the process by about half an hour.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I'm in. Had to register & create team before I could join up, but simple enough.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I seem to remember these competitions not being the best format for fantasy football, the further you get the more likely you to all have the same players.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    You dudes check this yet? They may be schittty headphones, but at least the Apple money was spent on a cool commercial.

Also props to my dude Bacary Sagna getting some shine!!

And who knew that Lil' Wayne was such a footy head---even got the diamond encrusted piece...lol

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    ppadilha said:

And while we're at it, FUCK the whole Argentina squad for their latest Malvinas ass-hurtery.

Angry much? Dude they do that all the time dont know what the big fuss is this time round. And at least it aint as cunty as a GOTCHA headline

Speaking of ass-hurtery ;) I was just watching the doco on the 86 World Cup (Hero). Is there are better world cup doco. Maradona magic, Michael Caine commentary and Rick Wakeman soundtrack!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    jlee said:
    You dudes check this yet? They may be schittty headphones, but at least the Apple money was spent on a cool commercial.

Also props to my dude Bacary Sagna getting some shine!!

And who knew that Lil' Wayne was such a footy head---even got the diamond encrusted piece...lol

Pretty good but why is Suarez wrapping up his fists like a boxer? hehehe

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    skel said:
    ppadilha said:

Angry much? Dude they do that all the time dont know what the big fuss is this time round. And at least it aint as cunty as a GOTCHA headline

Speaking of ass-hurtery ;) I was just watching the doco on the 86 World Cup (Hero). Is there are better world cup doco. Maradona magic, Michael Caine commentary and Rick Wakeman soundtrack!

That 86 doc with Caine voice is a GREAT film.

Bolivia paying a fitting homage to hosts Uruguay in 1930:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    what are your feelings on the bandwagon..brazil is evil and the world cup is a scam facebook come lately militant posts

brazil has been an inequality champion for decades and i have studied it quite a bit, nothing new

i feel like people who "dont like sports anyways" are jumping on this for no reason and basically the cup should only be held in denmark and finland with their logic...i mean at least the staidum investments are in an economy where they will serve a prupose later

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    FIFA gets no love here, but then, nothing new. They hate the English. Like UEFA.
    Bent as a 3› pound note, to a man. "Non-profit organisation"... pffft.

I know a bit about Brazil from real-life Brazillians, from the music, and from drinking a shit ton of coffee. Jobim said it best:
    "Brasil is not for beginners."

Been some really good Favella documentaries on BBC here.

There is no easy answer when the populace is so diverse.

At least every effer loves the football, hope it's not won by diving scofflaws and bus-parkers.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    hope it's not won by diving scofflaws and bus-parkers.

it will be won by Lebron and Weezy and BeatsByDre and Budweiser!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    hope it's not won by diving scofflaws and bus-parkers.

it will be won by Lebron and Weezy and BeatsByDre and Budweiser!

I'll have a pint of what he's had ^^^

A+ for sh*t tawk, brah.

A+.

RAJ said:

This is good, but a lot of this material has already been pointed out by the British media (and the Dutch actually), and Sepp Blatter's response is that we must be racist to suspect bribery and report worker deaths in conditions of slavery. WTF, Sepp Blatter, you are a prize cunt.

IT FUCKING STARTS TOMORROW, BATCHES

Pub spot reserved, food ordered, waitress on retainer; 6 dudes from 5.30 thru midnight.
    It's on -R

I haven't figured out where I'm going to watch the game yet, nor have I bought any beer in case I watch it at home. WHAT HAVE I DONE WITH MY LIFE??

Dude, it's the opening game.
    Once in four years.
    Never again in your lifetime in Brasil.

And you're at home???

WTF
    YOLO

C'mon son

skel said:
    Once in four years.

And you're at home???

WTF
    YOLO

C'mon son

my wife talked about going to the FIFA MasterCard Budweiser Hyundai KY McDonald's Fan Fest area, but I don't think that's the kind of YOLO I want. People here aren't in the habit of watching games in bars either, but I'm going to find some place to go and get shitfaced.

to think that 24 hours from now Brasil will be getting booed off the field after a dour goalless first half with Croatia!!!!!!

Man I'm there in front of a big screen, muy pints lined up, red n white berinbau accessory in hand, sausage n pitta platter in place, first world shit. If I could transport u I would.
    Son, honest.

I am going to watch hella these soccer games bros

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    skel said:
    Once in four years.

And you're at home???

WTF
    YOLO

C'mon son

my wife talked about going to the FIFA MasterCard Budweiser Hyundai KY McDonald's Fan Fest area, but I don't think that's the kind of YOLO I want. People here aren't in the habit of watching games in bars either, but I'm going to find some place to go and get shitfaced.

to think that 24 hours from now Brasil will be getting booed off the field after a dour goalless first half with Croatia!!!!!!

So the media here is full of horror stories about what a shit show these games are going to be because of poor planning/preparations - half built stadiums, 5 hour waits for cabs at overcrowded airports, labor strikes, 200 mile traffic jams to Sao Paulo etc. Is this scaremongering?

Duderonomy said:

You fuckers won't be laughing when Japan takes this whole thing.

I'm just tryin' not to show up at the Queen and Beaver drunk shouting Na na na. Vindaloo!

Japan stays rad.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    dukeofdelridge said:
    USA currently World Champs in Football Baseball Basketball. Bout to add Soccer to the list!

What other countries are globally competitive in those games?

By those measures, England World Champs in Tiddlywinks, Morris Dancing, and that thing where they roll the cheese down the hill. And ting. Believe. Boom. Seen.

Talmbout Meriman dominating the soccers. :scoffs:

Foll, you should be in the drunk thread.

If you had proper beer.

Yeah, when you INVENT such sports you tend to be the best at them. Oh wait, England. :five_pager:

MusicaDelAlma said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    dukeofdelridge said:
    USA currently World Champs in Football Baseball Basketball. Bout to add Soccer to the list!

What other countries are globally competitive in those games?

By those measures, England World Champs in Tiddlywinks, Morris Dancing, and that thing where they roll the cheese down the hill. And ting. Believe. Boom. Seen.

Talmbout Meriman dominating the soccers. :scoffs:

Foll, you should be in the drunk thread.

If you had proper beer.

Yeah, when you INVENT such sports you tend to be the best at them. Oh wait, England. :five_pager:

Cheese rolling though.
    With the squidgy Kraft square slices?
    It's got to put meriman at a disadvantage.