I hate to ask this...

dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
edited May 2014 in Strut Central
Probable apartment move coming up quick. May as well go for a record purge. Fill up boxes and wheel to the record store or straight to dumpster?

Talmbout low- to mid-level Wall Of Meh pieces: turn of the century balzing downtemp, timmy digalot's greatest near-misses, failed bedroom producer sample sources, boring jazz with familiar covers, 90s rap-vs-hiphop singles, middling metal I shouldn't've revisited, and oh my god I'm crying now...

Does this still exist?

Comments

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I did a big purge recently cause I moved interstate - i just broke off crates of unwanted stuff to dj/digger/producer friends. Told em take what they want and dump/give away the rest. Some interesting feedback - one mans trash is anothers treasure etc. Shit i thought sucked where rekkids some friends had been looking for.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Yeah, someone probably wants them. You could at least spice up a local goodwill with them.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Yea always donate if they aren't worth putting on eBay. There are always young kids getting into vinyl and will think they hit the mother lode

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Assuming they can beat their local Sir Crustalot to the bins..

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    turn of the century balzing downtemp

What types of stuff?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    yuichi said:
    turn of the century balzing downtemp

What types of stuff?

Balzing Inerfo levelles bro: from G-Stone to XL Cooking that type of TRIP_HOPP, those 18.99 albums that made me swap a turntable for a MPC because I was like dude I should just make these boring beats to sQratch over...

I will divide and conquer (raising my usual "keeper" threshold), and hope that the one dude I know who works at the record store is buying when I wheel them in. I will announce that it's a one-way trip.

[del] XL Cooking[/del]
    got that wrong but Nightmares on Wax imitators etc

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    Probable apartment move coming up quick. May as well go for a record purge. Fill up boxes and wheel to the record store or straight to dumpster?

Talmbout low- to mid-level Wall Of Meh pieces: turn of the century balzing downtemp, timmy digalot's greatest near-misses, failed bedroom producer sample sources, boring jazz with familiar covers, 90s rap-vs-hiphop singles, middling metal I shouldn't've revisited, and oh my god I'm crying now...

Does this still exist?

What I like to see walk in the door is clean records. Minty covers and vinyl. It's just pains me to look at trashed raers and beat up commons. But I will reward the lamest titles if they are sealed. Problem is owners still see the record they bought new, they don't see that cover is split and worn and the cue burns on the vinyl.

cool. Most of the records I bought new are in great shape.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:

I've got a friend who's a new collector and would probably take on a massive amount of chud just for the experience of saying no to a few. how many we talking here?

vintageinfants said:
    dukeofdelridge said:

I've got a friend who's a new collector and would probably take on a massive amount of chud just for the experience of saying no to a few. how many we talking here?

4-8 crates probably. Maybe more. Is he in Seattle?

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    when i moved recently I unloaded a crate of tepid jazz, disco and rock at a local shop in return for store credit and walked away happy with 3 records.

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    when i moved recently I unloaded a crate of tepid jazz, disco and rock at a local shop in return for store credit and walked away happy with 3 records.

Yeah man. THIS ^^^^

MORE KILLER /// LESS FILLER

apartment move is becoming more definite.

it begins.

I've only done one big purge. I don't miss any of those records. I am prepared.