Can I borrow $9.99 (drunken plea)

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited April 2014 in Strut Central
Soulstrut family. I'm drunk and I need $9.99

As you know, the music industry is in a constant state of assmoil and for every "rap your liking" phenom there is a trail of sale cobwebs that paints an ever bleaker bob of this hear music industry. Now, at this point, with lkkle fooks to give, I'm gonna put it like this: By my new album presale. On itunes. Why? because i recently found out that the "rap your liking" types sell SO LITTLE that you actually only need to sell about 1000 units presale on itunes to make it into the the top 5 on the itunes rap charts. and that puts you in the top 40 overall, which then puts you in billboard. So here's the deal:

I think I've contributed a fair amount since i've arrived here under extremely suspect circumstances. Sure, I've made a few missteps (after a very awful PM trolling I authored the prop1A thread without really thinking it through). But I've also built a studio for one strutter and a record shelf for another. I hosted an SS meetup in LA and showed everyone a beautiful fucking pigeon. I am the reason this :holygrail: exists. I sold my prized LA will make you Pay during Heatrocks and I have put out records and books that were born on this here site at a loss, only because they were rad and needed to come out.

So now I'm out of $$ and time, and I need you to simply click this link and buy my album. In return, I promise to keep posting about any variety of damned things and continuing to attempt to enrich some shit. And I may put out a beatoff LP, but I need you to buy this joint, right here, right goddamn now. its only $9 for fuck sake. We could house Billboard if only SS jumped in and helped out. sincerely, Porfi Jimenez.

Click here to buy: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/12-step-program/id851063173

oh yeah, here's a video for the album where I design all of the signs and the helmets and shit.

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Yo Porfi. Holla at chaboy Bill Paxton's son. Get that Twister money!

Will copulate tomorrow on a computer.

• Thas real talk right there, I totally forgot to holler at teh Pacsun.

Then again, people dont know about

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    You had me at "Soulstrut family." Purchased.

ZG Nation por vida, holmes!

Bambaaaaaataaaaa.

• :killin_it:

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Hey Drunken Thes! Wanna hear a joke I made up?

Why did the Crip cross the road?

'Cuzz.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I HAVE PRE-ORDERED ON THE STRENGTH THAT THES IS DUDE AND TEH MUSICS WILL BE GOOD.

On a site-contribution note, Thes and I started out adversarily in an argument about the propriety of wearing flip flops in urban environments, and ended up buddies who have done sleepovers and grilling. If that's not the magic of Soultrust, WHAT IS?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Yeah right, we give you that money and then you go and spend it on knit caps and lip gloss.

We've been down this road before.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,887 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    I HAVE PRE-ORDERED ON THE STRENGTH THAT THES IS DUDE AND TEH MUSICS WILL BE GOOD.

On a site-contribution note, Thes and I started out adversarily in an argument about the propriety of wearing flip flops in urban environments, and ended up buddies who have done sleepovers and grilling. If that's not the magic of Soultrust, WHAT IS?

So, what precisely is the Official StrutÔäó stance on flip flops in an urban environment?

For me, no. As my pallid plates resemble mortuary offcuts. For the wife, yes. Cafe-au-lait and pedicured - if you have it, flaunt it, as the advert used to say.

• FeldmanFeldman 50 Posts
    i'd gladly buy the album anyway, but maybe in return you could divulge us in another digging tale?? still eagerly waiting on any/all of these....

4YearGraduate said:

1) Andean Mountain Priest
    2) Mexico City Womans Prison
    3) Sacrifice Your Manhood
    4) New Dehli Mattress Factory
    5) Dig & Fap
    6) Murder in the street
    7) Escape from The Schoolhouse

J i m s t e r said:

So, what precisely is the Official StrutÔäó stance on flip flops in an urban environment?

For me, no. As my pallid plates resemble mortuary offcuts. For the wife, yes. Cafe-au-lait and pedicured - if you have it, flaunt it, as the advert used to say.

It ain't about nice or not so nice feet. It's about whether you carry your balls in a sack or not. Seriously, save those flip-flops for the pool or beach where they belong.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Thes was (and I believe still is) pro-flip flop. I felt that that exposed the feets to the nastiness to be found on the streets and sidewalks of the urban jungle, so I was decidedly anti. We have never resolved the debate, yet have overcome our differences in the name of friendship. THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE, CONGRESS. NOW GO DO SOME GODDAMN WORK.

• I'm down the street in Mexico!

come drive down and I'll buy everything you can fit in the trunk!

im wearin' flip flops too

• b/w. KOPF'd

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Double-hyped on this, now that there's some goofy bullshit to argue about:

You wearing flip-flops in the city, you'd better be coming or going from some water. That's what I'm saying. Obviously a summertime thing in Seattle, so for all-time-summer places in southern California damn I just don't know. People get used to their weather and the clothes end up looking the same so boom I just called it: same rules in LA: to or from something watery or maybe camp-ish.

I will cop to wearing thongs (I got it from my momma) in the city as recently as yesterday. Went mountain biking. It was SEVENTY DEGREES y'all! Got sweaty and muddy and whatever else. 40 minute drive from my downtown Seattle apartment. Instead of just dirtying up another pair of socks, I air my dogs out after a ride. Flip-flops.

And then since I have this dirty bike I have to clean it before I put it back in my apartment, so I'm in flip-flops in the courtyard. Holy shit. In the city.

I wouldn't walk to my local grocery store in them, but I'll get a Gatorade in the gas station next to the mtb spot.

Man I dunno.

We've discussed this on here before, and I know I brought up how I discovered flip-flops as an adult in Hawaii, and just tried to keep that vibe alive back in the lower 48, and how after two hours of walking around in the city I was Michael Franti down there. Hell naw. No flip-flops in the city mane!

I just don't know.

What I do know for sure is if I don't support cool shit, people won't be able to do cool shit anymore:

I pre-ordered a rap record!

VIVA LA STRUTT

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    A Zelda flip over funky drummer? Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....copped.

You taught me the overhead baffle mic technique, son. I fuckin' owe you.

b/w

You think you might have the instrumentals available on iChunes anytime soon?

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    First presale i've ever copped on itunes.
    I even downloaded the horrible piece of bloated malware that apple calls itunes just to purchase it. :coolsmile:

EDIT: This week its going to be in the 90s (35 for eurostrutters) in my town. I rarely wear shoes in my place and that means a pair of flip flops by my door in case I have to walk to the store or whatever. I dont like to go places in flip flops but its a heat thing. I fucks with flip flops.

• tech12ztech12z 56 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

How's the king of New York rocking sandals with jeans?
    Open-toe sandals, chancletas with jeans on.

• 1UP til Sun Up

Song + Video = :hard_as_fuck:

Can't wait to hear the rest of the record!

:beerbang:

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    was going to cop regardless...pre-copped!

Also, tickets purchased for Calgary show in May :beerbang:

sandals/flip-flops are an extremely bad look and are to be reserved for pool-side endeavours only.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Will cop when I get home.

As my fellow Albertan up top says, flip-flops are strictly for pool-side endeavours.

Or traipsing about in your pad.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    parallax said:

Or traipsing about in your pad.

Slippers are to be preferred. Where are you located parallax? Feel free to PM

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Done!

b/w
    ihate itunes.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    parallax said:
    Will cop when I get home.

Stuck at a conference for a few days, but I will make it happen.

• ahha man. Thank you all so much. I was indeed quite drunk when I posted that - the compounded stress of manufacturing, distribution, touring etc.

Well, so I woke up and got in the ocean this morning to surf it off. Guess what I wore as I drove down there? THATS RIGHT BASHES. Guess what I have barely covering my hairy toes as I type this in a Panera? YOU GUESSED IT. I suppose my lifestyle dictates le flip flop usage. But then again, you have to ask yourself, if flip flops arent appropriate for how youre living, maybe you need to change yo latitude. For this interested in a little lifestyle coaching, start with a pair of these: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009HEQXE2/ref=twister_B002U82S1E

I've owned and test piloted many pairs and brands but Cobian Astro Jumps make you feel like you are walking on portabello marshmellows son.

Anyways - I want to thank everyone helping out with the presale effort and MAYBE - heres a thought,
    in Itunes, rate the album 5 stars and then proceed to leave a comment about how its a good record but thes should not be wearing sandals in urban environments or something to that effect.

:hated_it: :walk_away_son: in flip flops

The 2 years I lived very close to the beach (in HB), my friends and I would all just go barefoot, basically for the entire summer...meaning we rode bikes barefoot, did our paper routes barefoot, rode skateboards barefoot, played basketball barefoot, and...really had no need for wimpy ole flip-flops.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    The 2 years I lived very close to the beach (in HB), my friends and I would all just go barefoot, basically for the entire summer...meaning we rode bikes barefoot, did our paper routes barefoot, rode skateboards barefoot, played basketball barefoot, and...really had no need for wimpy ole flip-flops.

Yes.
    I was born on the beach, and had a hard time wearing shoes when I moved to Seattle. I was still barefoot. Mud moss grass. It took a while for us to figure it out.

• you guys are talkin that ringworm.

flip flops are soo necessary!

4YearGraduate said:
    you guys are talkin that ringworm.

flip flops are soo necessary!

I take it you aren't one to chew on the little flecks of surfboard wax you find in the sand at the beach.

• welllll

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    You don't exactly have to twist my arm to buy PUTS. Pre-ordered. Fist thing I've ever pre-ordered. Thank for all your SS contributions as well as making quality music.

It's 60 degree day and I'm wearing nice leather flip flops with jeans because I live in the mountains and I'm happy the sun is finally out and it's warming up for summer. First exposure my feet have had in 6 months. It's the people wearing socks and sandals that have the real problem.