People Who Relist Items on Discogs on a Daily Basis

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited February 2014 in Strut Central
i have grown to kind like discogs for certain things but the daily relisting of items is mad obnoxious. I enjoy getting an email with all the new items in my list but seeing certain reappear day after day from the same sellers with the same astronomical price is annoying.

is there a way to keep an item in my want list yet block out notifications from these assholes.

b/w

iron666monkey, is that the dude from here who fucked over some guy who was supporting him and then tried to make off with his girl?
http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Houston-Person-Blue-Odyssey/146012299?ev=wh

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I just blocked a buyer for the first time ever. Means he can't order or message me.
    You should be able to do the same with a seller. I am not saying you can, just you should be able.

Iron Monkey was a good poster here. No? Don't remember any guy fucking or girl stealing. His prices are... impressive.

• 100%

Every day I get a notification that dude's G+ / G copy of Gypsy "In the Garden" is available for $10.

No thanks!

While I do appreciate the dedication... it's not a lack of remembering that's keeping me from buying your record!

• LaserWolf said:
    Iron Monkey was a good poster here. No? Don't remember any guy fucking or girl stealing. His prices are... impressive.

maybe i am mis-remembering. seem to recall he had a big shit show thread going not too too long ago.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    There were several threads made in the discogs forums but mods won't implement such a thing. There is or was a greasemonky script to block obnoxious sellers tho..

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    LaserWolf said:

maybe i am mis-remembering. seem to recall he had a big shit show thread going not too too long ago.

I think that thread got deleted, and I don't remember if he was the one being screwed or doing the screwing.

b/w

People are trying to sell a Sum 41 LP for $35 and up??????

• Is that why that happens?

Some dude has been trying to flog a Kool & The Gang - S/T for $499 for around two years now.

It's starting to wind me up ...good luck with that buddy.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The only thing worse is not selling records. Hate the game...

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    musicmagnetic is the worse. I will never buy anything from them because they do this pretty much every fuckin day and it blocks other legitimate items from showing in my notification email since the limit is 100 items.
    Other sellers that do this are globalgroove.co.uk and recormania.se same goes for them.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    My mate had 3 offers on various vinyl from recordmania.se and declined every one solely because of his fucking constant daily relisting of the same old albums, I'd never buy anything from him outta principal

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    ost said:
    musicmagnetic is the worse. .
    Ain't that the fucking truth! I loath seeing his items pop every 24 hours because I have to wade through so many of them, and I NEVER look to see what he has at all and would not order from him/them/her on principle.

The good news is that there is a guy over on waxidermy who works at Discogs and is working on addressing this issue.

• Hi!
    My name is Lars Larsson and I run Record Mania in Sweden which is one of the sellers mentioned here regarding relisting on Discogs. I totally understand that it can be irritating to receive same offers several times. We have no intention whatsoever to spam people. The reason is that we (as many others sellers) not only sell on Discogs but we sell on our own website too and we upload an updated version of our stocklist on Discogs everyday so that the items that we sell on Discogs really are available. Discogs then see all of the records as newly listed and wants mails are sent out. This is a problem for us too not only because of the bad will due to many wants mails but also due that those records are new in stock doesn't appear in the beginning when you choose "Posted", in contrast to those sellers that list one LP at the time. Our developers are working on a better listing software which will be able to list only the new records, but until that's fixed the only thing I can say is that I'm sorry for the relisting and we hope that it will be solved soon.

Most our records do sell very fast even though 95% is done via our website. However some records do stay in stock for long and then it can be a problem for sure but we're aware of it and will do our best to fix it. Please let me know your thoughts.

Best regards, Lars

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    :hayek:

that sounds like a perfectly reasonable explanation. I find the daily re-listing annoying, but I only have 2 or 3 records on my wants list that pop up on a daily basis.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Lars!

Top class people in the record game.

• skel said:
    Lars!

X 1000000!

Best service in the biz.

• Thanks for the nice words and yes it is irritating with the relisting. I wished discogs had an option so we that upload stocklist didn't have to list all of them everytime but only the new one's.

• Respect to RecordMania for coming here and explaining.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    skel said:
    Lars!

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    Recordmania said:
    Hi!
    My name is Lars Larsson and I run Record Mania in Sweden which is one of the sellers mentioned here regarding relisting on Discogs. I totally understand that it can be irritating to receive same offers several times. We have no intention whatsoever to spam people. The reason is that we (as many others sellers) not only sell on Discogs but we sell on our own website too and we upload an updated version of our stocklist on Discogs everyday so that the items that we sell on Discogs really are available. Discogs then see all of the records as newly listed and wants mails are sent out. This is a problem for us too not only because of the bad will due to many wants mails but also due that those records are new in stock doesn't appear in the beginning when you choose "Posted", in contrast to those sellers that list one LP at the time. Our developers are working on a better listing software which will be able to list only the new records, but until that's fixed the only thing I can say is that I'm sorry for the relisting and we hope that it will be solved soon.

Most our records do sell very fast even though 95% is done via our website. However some records do stay in stock for long and then it can be a problem for sure but we're aware of it and will do our best to fix it. Please let me know your thoughts.

Best regards, Lars

My thoughts
    Well you may be a respected seller but your still fucking relisting the same old lps every day and still driving every fucking body mad with the same discogs email every day
    let me know when you your gonna give us all a break please !

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    i know this is offtopic but... I created my Discogs ago last year and just finally made my first purchase a few days ago...how do y'all deal with doubles? (hiphop dj's?) do you add your records twice or is there some magical way to do it that I am not aware of?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I don't understand the question.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I think you need to add each individual disc separately.
    If they are identical in grade and everything else, you can just relist after each time you sell it.

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    gaz said:
    Recordmania said:
    Hi!

Best regards, Lars

My thoughts
    Well you may be a respected seller but your still fucking relisting the same old lps every day and still driving every fucking body mad with the same discogs email every day
    let me know when you your gonna give us all a break please !

Lars (or any other seller that operates like him) is not at fault in this case. I know of a few stores/websites who keep their stock "in sync" with discogs. My understanding is that Discogs provides a way to upload a single spreadsheet containing all records you have for sale. So each day/week, a seller would update a spreadsheet containing their stock to reflect items sold on their personal website, discogs, in store, etc. and upload that to Discogs. Rather than ignore any items that are already listed, Discogs treats all items in the spreadsheet as new stock.

Prior to reading Lars' post, I would gripe about the same thing, but I'm fairly certain that this is whats happening.

• KadinkKadink Mainstream hip-hop is losing its street edge 98 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    I think you need to add each individual disc separately.
    If they are identical in grade and everything else, you can just relist after each time you sell it.

I use the 'private comments' field when I have multiples, so when I sell it I see the note on the invoice and can list it right there.

• Gaz: I'm not sure when the new listing software will be ready but we have a guy working on it, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    Lars might have given a good explanation for his situation and I am sure it applies to some others as well. I am pretty sure though that the majority are due to manual I listing and delisting of your entire stock. As a buyer I find this as annoying as anyone else but as an occasional seller (300ish transactions, I can say it does make a difference to your success in getting orders, especially around payday: it seems that a lot of potential buyers take a look at the notifications on Fridays and at month end.

As a buyer annoyed by the notifications of the same guys over and over again my way around it is to ignore the notifications and go to "my wish list" sorted by date posted (same as notifications but actually more up to date) or any other category (like price) that suits my needs/mood.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    Recordmania said:
    Gaz: I'm not sure when the new listing software will be ready but we have a guy working on it, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

still the same email every day, and the SAME albums as 3 months ago, what happened to fixed soon , bulls**t

• well, i just got a discogs email saying there were 60 new items available on my wantlist. all 60 items are from same sellers as always. this is getting super annoying.

chocoblast, recordmania, progczar, recordsale.de and all other offenders if you are reading this, please understand that your practice of daily relisting is off-putting and bad for your business reputation.

• cloud9cloud9 49 Posts
    musicmagnetic... the reason i opted out of those notifications...

• gaz said:
    Recordmania said:
    Gaz: I'm not sure when the new listing software will be ready but we have a guy working on it, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

still the same email every day, and the SAME albums as 3 months ago, what happened to fixed soon , bulls**t

Sorry for the delay, but hopefully we'll have the new listing software which allows us to just list the new stuff within the next few weeks.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    Recordmania said:
    Hi!

Best regards, Lars

another 6 months of your spam , still the bloody same , even the same records for sale!!
    dont believe your ever going to fix anything , how to alienate customers