a few rr question’s

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited August 2005 in Record Collecting
Is this the only lp by the Earth Disciples? Anything else I should know about?Also I just got the Hit Em Hard ost recently and I'm loving the Delilah Moore tracks. The track "I need your love" in particular. I did a little reseach and it looks like she has some 45's, anybody know if she has a full lp out? Anybody seen the movie Hit Em Hard? She also stars in the movie I guess.Thanks in advance for any info.

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i reeaaalllly want that earth disciples

• I thought that LP was still under the radar! I believe that's the only thing they've done. It's an unusual LP, isn't it. Very tight group, I'd call it black psych rock, but it's got some jazz elements in it as well. Electric piano for days too.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Also I just got the Hit Em Hard ost recently and I'm loving the Delilah Moore tracks. The track "I need your love" in particular. I did a little reseach and it looks like she has some 45's, anybody know if she has a full lp out? Anybody seen the movie Hit Em Hard? She also stars in the movie I guess.

I did a search for the film in the past and as far as I know it never even made to theaters back in the 70's. that last track onSide 2 (the Delilah Moore track) is wonderful but recorded a little too quietly. Would love to hear some more (better recorded) tracks from her.

• i reeaaalllly want that earth disciples
    I want that now, too.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    young patrick, you should be able to cop that Earth Disciples for about 20 bucks on ebay. I did a few months back after being outbid by Day (I think it was) the first time around.

I want that now, too.

Soulstrut factor......

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I want that now, too.

Soulstrut factor......

People...hold on

• you should be able to cop that Earth Disciples for about 20 bucks on ebay.
    Then I want the next 5 copies on eBay.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    you should be able to cop that Earth Disciples for about 20 bucks on ebay.
    Then I want the next 5 copies on eBay.

some of your aliases may feel left out

young patrick, you should be able to cop that Earth Disciples for about 20 bucks on ebay. I did a few months back after being outbid by Day (I think it was) the first time around.
    yeah, it's been blowin up a little bit more though on ebay. last few copies ive seen have been for $30+

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    How come people hate on First Gear and love Earth Disccssscscscibles at the same time?

i dont know about First Gear since ive never heard it, but i think people like the earth disciples because it's really good

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    yeah its a nice real mellow record, had minze since way before ebay and internet and all that....

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i dont know about First Gear since ive never heard it, but i think people like the earth disciples because it's really good

yeah, no doubt: both are good!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    First Gear goes for more on Ebay than the Earth disciples so I'd say it gets some love

First Gear goes for more on Ebay than the Earth disciples so I'd say it gets some love

never heard that First Gear record, looks interesting though

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

yeah, but not from real experts (=Soulstrutters)!!! haha

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

there are 2 good ones.

• First Gear goes for more on Ebay than the Earth disciples so I'd say it gets some love

The scoop: nobody knows earth disciples, even tho it's rare (for solid state) and quite good, compared to first gear, which all the psych heads know and is ehh.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Also I just got the Hit Em Hard ost recently and I'm loving the Delilah Moore tracks. The track "I need your love" in particular. I did a little reseach and it looks like she has some 45's, anybody know if she has a full lp out? Anybody seen the movie Hit Em Hard? She also stars in the movie I guess.

I did a search for the film in the past and as far as I know it never even made to theaters back in the 70's. that last track onSide 2 (the Delilah Moore track) is wonderful but recorded a little too quietly. Would love to hear some more (better recorded) tracks from her.

Hey Adam, it doesn't really surprise me that the movie never made it to the theatre. You ever notice that her name is misspelled on the cover as Deliliah? Also it says music track from the picture.... instead of music soundtrack fron the picture Hit Em Hard. haha

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I want that now, too.

Mel, why don't you accept PMs, you poptart?

there are 2 good ones.

two first gear's???..a first and a second..

• First Gear goes for more on Ebay than the Earth disciples so I'd say it gets some love

there are 2 good ones.

The one with the gears and the yellow one.

I want that now, too.

you got one? i'll give you heaters for it

I want that now, too.

hold on. let me fix that.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

there are 2 good ones.

yup, one with a picture of a bunch of gears and one with a street caution sign type design

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    BTW I need em both

• fire at will. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• You know what is really hot and nobody knows about????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4760653586

ISLAND FUNK YAHHH

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

The scoop: nobody knows earth disciples, even tho it's rare (for solid state) and quite good, compared to first gear, which all the psych heads know and is ehh.

earth disciples has been one of the first records i ever bought on eBay. It used to go for about 150 USD later on. i always considered it a well known record that got hyped some time ago and after hip people found out what it was, it went back to normal.

first gear is not ehh. it's good. really, listen to caution steep hill... then listen to earth disciples...