And the Winner of the HOT BUTTERED BEATOFF IS...

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited January 2014 in Strut Central
henry_manspleeny! To everyone, great job! Thank you. Please use this thread to suggest new beatoff sources or to heap praise on the BEATOFF KING, henry_manspleeny and the other contestants.
Some suggested beatoff sources for the next contest:

CAESAROFF-Black Caesar OST
DOINITOFF-JBs-Doin It To Death
SAYEROFF-Leo Sayer-Endless Flight
METEROFF-The Meters-S/t
AVERAGE WHITETOFF-AWB-Cut The Cake
CYMANDOFF-Cymande-S/t

1) upskiboo-Hot Buttered Cup:

2) Beatsoup-MC Hayes Vs DJ Hot Butter

3) erock123-Hot N Heavy

4) DJ_Enki-Hayes Days

5) Electrode-Cold Margarine

6) cove-Time Walks By

7) henry_manspleeny-Hot Butter On The What?

Comments

• Who?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Who?

Congrats, though!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Fuckin nice ass beat.

• definitely a slick beat.

I still ride for cove's though...nice work homie

• With participation low,no need to knock a less frequent poster or even a drive by poster for participating. Cool beat.

• i haven't been following these contests but are you fucking kidding me with the winner's beat?

if Spotify said it was a Premier production I'd save it to a favorites playlist. Well done.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    With participation low,no need to knock a less frequent poster or even a drive by poster for participating. Cool beat.

It wasn't meant as a knock, just hadn't ever seen the screename before. The more participation the better.
    A win is a win! And the beat was sweet.

(Thanks, HOLLAFAME!)

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Aww, missed it by one! But hey, I still did well, and the winner was a killer. Nice job, Henry!

• Congrats Mr. Manspleeny, great beat

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Finally listened to them. Too late to vote.
    Congrats all you all.
    Beatsoups stood out for me, but Henry was tops.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i hear a really clean unprocessed/unfiltered non hot buttered soul sourced sine wave for a bass line and an 808 kick in henry's beat

FOUL

calling bullshit

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    I haven't listened to the beat but if you chop a sample small enough, loop and detune it you can get what sounds like a sine wave. Thats what i did for a bass when i entered the Bob James beat off

• It ain't a true beatoff until there's a bass purity dispute!

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    cove said:
    Who?

Henry_Manspleeny sounds like a MLJ name.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    He's been a member here since '04 !

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    So, any suggestions for material for the next one?

The_Non said:
    So, any suggestions for material for the next one?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    YES X 1000.

Which reminds me, has anyone ever used this song which is begging to be used?

• ^^

nice - thank you.

walter_chron said:
    ^^

I heart SoulStrut!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Wish i could start on the next one now.
    I wonder if Henry will come out of hiding to direct us.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I don't wanna be a wet blanket, BUT I don't think Millie Jackson is gonna light a fire under dudes' asses to finish beats. Having said that, I've contacted the winner about his thoughts on the matter.

The_Non said:
    I don't wanna be a wet blanket, BUT I don't think Millie Jackson is gonna light a fire under dudes' asses to finish beats. Having said that, I've contacted the winner about his thoughts on the matter.

True but we gotta up the challenge cause these over used breaks are boring as fuck.

And dudes are chopping up the same parts thats cats used 25 years ago.

Shit is like the Rennaisance Fair of Loops.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    congrats to the winner this time around, nice one homie..shout to everybody who put up a beat, thumbs up, and yeah, lets keep it moving!

• Mystery no longer. It is actually Soul Sturt user 'jammy' here under an old account. I lost my computer and everything on it including my login details for here so i used this super old one.

I have had limited time and access to internet over the last few weeks which explains my absence, but let's get this next one cracking!

For the record, i didn't use 808's or bass sines or anything. It was pretty easy to find one bass note and eq it. UAD plugins have become my secret weapon in the last few years!

Special mention to DJ Enki with 'Hayes Days' which was my favourite. You got robbed. I wanted you to win. It's weird and it sucks that i robbed you.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    henry_manspleeny said:

Special mention to DJ Enki with 'Hayes Days' which was my favourite. You got robbed. I wanted you to win. It's weird and it sucks that i robbed you.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    cove said:
    Who?

Henry_Manspleeny sounds like a MLJ name.

who is mlj?