Mystery Record - Anyone Ever Seen / Heard of This Before????

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited November 2013 in Strut Central
Found this in a thrift shop a while back but there was no record inside. It looked awesome - seemed like a privately released thing, cover was literally painted on -- believe it was spray paint through a stencil. It was thick old stock cardboard though, felt like something definitely out of the 70s. Anyone ever seen it / heard it? Know anything?
essance

Comments

• Woimsah said:
    spray paint through a stencil.

It's silk screened, it would be impossible to make a stencil with that design.

I had this a while ago, I forget the details, but it wasn't 70s (pretty recent I think) and not as cool as it looked.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Did silk screened covers start in the 80s?
    Punk diy ethic stuff.

• LaserWolf said:
    Did silk screened covers start in the 80s?

I've seen them from the 50's.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Woimsah said:
    spray paint through a stencil.

It's silk screened, it would be impossible to make a stencil with that design.

I had this a while ago, I forget the details, but it wasn't 70s (pretty recent I think) and not as cool as it looked.

yea - good point about the stencil. thanks for info - glad to know I'm not missing out

IMG_3673

now how about this one? b side just has band member names, that's it. you'd think with all that info there'd be something online -- nothing.

Bush Telegraph
    Produced by James Leyden
    Written by Harry Arader
    musicians: Ann Arader, Harry Arader Kirk Foster, John Doerschuk

anyone ever come across this or anything?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    IMG_3673

now how about this one? b side just has band member names, that's it. you'd think with all that info there'd be something online -- nothing.

Bush Telegraph
    Produced by James Leyden
    Written by Harry Arader

http://maxmulti.com/saints_70s.html

Flomotion said:
    Woimsah said:
    IMG_3673

Bush Telegraph
    Produced by James Leyden
    Written by Harry Arader

http://maxmulti.com/saints_70s.html

Interesting - Patron Saints related. Appreciate that - a little surprised there's literally nothing else on the net about it.

Still can't quite work out where and when it was recorded...there's a clear high school connection between some of the names but that's as far as I got. Let us know if you come up on any more info.

LazarusOblong said:

Amazing what you can find online - thanks for this. I was able to get in touch with the guy that handles the Patron Saints website and he put me in touch with a few of the names involved. Emails have been sent out - waiting to hear back. Keep yall posted - and will post the music eventually as well. It's pretty bugged psychy folk fare.

• Interesting, I mostly grew up in Chappaqua and had no idea any worthwhile music had emanated from there.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Interesting, I mostly grew up in Chappaqua and had no idea any worthwhile music had emanated from there.

WELL, LOOK AT MISTER FANCY FROM FANCY TOWN.

Chappaqua is quite nice.

• DB_Cooper said:
    Horseleech said:
    Interesting, I mostly grew up in Chappaqua and had no idea any worthwhile music had emanated from there.

WELL, LOOK AT MISTER FANCY FROM FANCY TOWN.

Chappaqua is quite nice.

Haha, wasn't quite so fancy in the 60's when we first moved there.

b/w

Fancy towns make lousy music.