My first chargeback

MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
edited November 2013 in Strut Central
Hello Strut,

Most of you on here selling must have been through a fair amount of these but going through my first chargeback really pissed me off.

Bascially I got an "Unauthorized Payment" chargeback for a record I shipped, I provided proof but still got the money taken out of my account.

On further inspection (or just a little inspection), I saw that the person paying and the person ordering were two different people sharing the same address. I could understand if your roommate used your Paypal that the person would like to get their money back somehow but I've had kids charge records to their parents cards before and no hassle.

They closed the case since the "buyer" wasn't under Seller Protection.

Anyone have the same experience? And can I leave neg feedback on Discogs without fear of retaliation?

= how I'm feeling.

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Still haven't had a chargeback myself, but it's bound to happen sooner or later. Man, that sounds annoying as hell. How ridiculous that they successfully executed an "unathorized payment" claim despite you being able to show that they placed an order with you for the item in question! How the hell does that work?