Bali Record Stores???

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
heading to Bali in two weeks. very stoked.

I'm going to actually be there for a minute, so I figure I can get a little bit of record shopping in.

anyone been? I searched the archives regarding the topic but didn't find anything.

Whoever can help me - I'll totally give you a second copy of Ariesta Birawa when I find two.

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    heading to Bali in two weeks. very stoked.

I'm going to actually be there for a minute, so I figure I can get a little bit of record shopping in.

anyone been? I searched the archives regarding the topic but didn't find anything.

Whoever can help me - I'll totally give you a second copy of Ariesta Birawa when I find two.

I really don't think Bali has any good amount of records. The whole island was super rural until the 90's and I believe that was when the first radio station opened there. I wouldn't be surprised if some immigrants from other places brought some records with them, but on average there aren't records floating around that place. Java is a totally different story, though!

PM me if you want any travel tips (I was there for a month in 2008, and I realize it has changed dramatically since then).

• JefDamJefDam 36 Posts
    No records to be had in Bali, however as mentioned above Java is a different kettle of fish, Jalan Surabaya in Jakarta specifically is great.
    Also, Bali is hella overrated (jaded ex-pat related). It'd be definitely worth your while getting a boat to Lombok for a few days and checking out the Gili Islands, Gili Air in particular.

I've been living in Indo for nearly 5 years so if you need any info pm me.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    JefDam said:
    It'd be definitely worth your while getting a boat to Lombok for a few days and checking out the Gili Islands, Gili Air in particular.

This is actually great advise! Gili Meno is nice as well.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    go to bebek bengil, in Ubud, and have the crispy duck. great food. Bali isn't overrated if you haven't been before!