can you name this Necro sample

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited April 2013 in Strut Central

Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    You're the man, ice man!*

Send me a PM with your address and I'll sort you a record, cassette, or NY-specific food product.

* the only time I saw The Meters live, there was a guy yelling this at the drummer (I think) all night.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    * the only time I saw The Meters live, there was a guy yelling this at the drummer (I think) all night.
    Many years ago, me and DCastillo and Rob Zilla and the visiting Joeltown67 and possibly some others were riding around to record stores on some Sunday, and someone mentioned that there was some local lounge act/cover band (at some hotel, I think?) whose drummer was known for sneaking in little snippets of UB&B breaks here and there, unbeknownst to the presumably preoccupied clientele. We all talked about rolling up to dude's next gig crew-deep, posting up with scowls and folded arms and just sample-spotting dude all night, you know, letting him know the jig is up (or the masquerade is over, even). But then we shifted gears (Johnny Hammond!) and talked about stopping at this KFC coming up right here because one of us really really had to take a shit, there was some brief negotiation regarding who was gonna make the nominal purchase that would grant our man an audience with the porcelain Colonel, and in all the excitement we kinda forgot about the first thing we were talking about, the thing with the drummer.

But hey, don't sweat it. The next time I'm in New Jork, just don't make me take off my roller skates when I visit the shop and we can call it even.