Boogie Mixx 5 help

MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
edited February 2013 in Strut Central
Hey all,

After nearly 2 years since the last one, I finally sorted out the playlist for my new mix of boogie/disco/funk and am getting ready to mix it in pretty soon.

Since it's been a while since the last one, I want to use it to spread the word about my DJing a bit (last time around I had my friends in Iceland debut it on their radio show) and therefore I wanted to ask the soulstrut fam if anyone here could help in promoting the thing?

It'll be a free download like all the others but what I'm thinking if anyone could post about it on a blog, or or like the last one play it on a show... anything really. There are so many mixes out there and I spent two years hunting down the vinyl, rearranging the tracklist a bunch of times and getting it just right so I'd like it to get as much shine as possible.

I've gotten to know the local disco/boogie aficionados here in Japan and play with a few of them but when it comes to internationally I'm like the internet version of a hermit. I know a few of you guys have appreciated my mixes in the past so if anyone could help to spread the mix (and in turn spread my name around) I'd be most grateful.

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    count on me and i'll promote the series too

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Cheers pcmr and bill, I'll be in touch when the mix is ready!

• I'm down!

Almost finished, working out the final touches. Here's the final artwork.

Thanks to Soulstrut-fam-related connections, the mix will be premiered on A Downtown Affair on WNYU next Friday (Feb 22, 2013) from 10:30 PM EST. The next Thursday it will be played on Icelandic radio and a celebratory party is in the works so if there are Tokyo peeps up in here that would like to come please let me know. I'll post again with time and details of the mix. Thanks to everyone that reached out! Means a lot to me.

• Are your old mixes still available for download? Where?

Thanks!

All of them are, right here:

arnikristjansson.com

Cheers!

• i listen to your first boogie mix all the damn time. it's nice man. thanks! looking forward to this one. i'm so grateful for all of the mixes i have been privileged to have from this place, i really do put them on so frequently. thank you soul strut

Much appreciated, AKallDay!