November finds

leonleon 883 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
Field finds from a couple' days ago, for about 5.5 a piece:

Compost: Nice jazz funk
Yambu: can't believe i didn't pick this one up earlier: latin jazz funk
Flash: decent psych rock from Electric food
Batacuda's seven: mainly interesting for the Funky beat' cut
Dzambe: Polish psych-rock with funky moments. The singer isn't all that but otherwise reccommended
Little Beaver
Electric sound for dancing: insane German psych rock
The Band AKA: decent modern boogie
Hildegard Knef: im 80en stockwerk
Rasputin stash: nice

Garnett jouney into enlightenment: nice uptempo jazzfunk
Mary Lou Williams: s/t (black Christ o/t Andes) is a long time want. French OG press on Folkways.

Comments

• i just got KNEF this summer. stockwerk is soooo dope! no way would i pass up that electric sound, altho ive never seen/heard.

havent messed iwth th ecompost records in a decade. i might have to pull them off the shelf

• JroamJroam 257 Posts

...and yes, I have the OST.

• Jroam said:

:face_melt:

• Highlights from the last couple weeks plus the Hesitations (awesome album!) from this morning's flea market.
    Attached files

• went looking for records today for the firs time in a while...found a bunch of 45s I was excited about, but I have to admit this was the most exciting find:

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Went back to same thrift where I found Cobra jacket (also had a creepshow jacket that was rough) to see if any movie related tees surfaced and found this:

They also had a similar jacket(much rougher) from an early Bob seeger tour

And then hit the Goodwil:

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I bought my friend's dad's record collection. It is all soul, disco, funk and gospel. Around 1500-2000 12" and 400 45s.

I took this picture after I finished unloading everything. Some of the sleeves are in pretty rough shape but all in all I am really happy with the deal.

• billbradley, that's a fairly intense looking haul, what are some of the highlights?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Jroam said:

Yes! I had initially hoped this was a Cobra Kai jacket though.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    billbradley, that's a fairly intense looking haul, what are some of the highlights?

I got it all back from Houston pretty late last night so I have only skimmed the surface. So far I've only gone through maybe 100-200 of 2500 records.

I found this old business card in one of the boxes of 45s.

A minty copy of Texas People - I Heard That
    along with another Texas People 45 that I didn't know about.

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/310277959961/rare_Modern_Soul_Boogie_45_TEXAS_PEOPLE_i_heard_that

There are a couple 45 acetates that I need to do some research on.

The John Lee Hooker - Folk Blues on the front of the stack was still sealed.

and while moving stacks from the car this one jumped out

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Jroam said:

If this was women's smedium, I would request it be a Sandy HeatJacketRock item

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    The_Non said:

Yes! I had initially hoped this was a Cobra Kai jacket though.

• billbradley said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    billbradley, that's a fairly intense looking haul, what are some of the highlights?

I got it all back from Houston pretty late last night so I have only skimmed the surface. So far I've only gone through maybe 100-200 of 2500 records.

I found this old business card in one of the boxes of 45s.

A minty copy of Texas People - I Heard That
    along with another Texas People 45 that I didn't know about.

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/310277959961/rare_Modern_Soul_Boogie_45_TEXAS_PEOPLE_i_heard_that

There are a couple 45 acetates that I need to do some research on.

The John Lee Hooker - Folk Blues on the front of the stack was still sealed.

and while moving stacks from the car this one jumped out

Anyone dare to comment on the last sleeve?

• house call yielded these two dollar hollers and my best come up this year. most all of the items pictured are original pressing (so stoked about the kenny burrell, gil melle and the cannonball!!), many are available for trade/sale...will put up a list in the trade section.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    CMF, best finds I've seen in a while.
    Most those jazz titles are US? Were there Canadian Blue Notes, Prestige...?

• I found a copy of the Miles Davis album "On The Corner". It was unusual in that it has a 3D cover. I looked and looked for any info, but no luck. Anybody know anything about this? I searched Popsike and didn't see one with 3D album art like this in all of its 250+ listings. It's a Canadian pressing, I believe. Two Eye Columbia label. Stereo. KC 31906. That in its self is strange because the Two Eye Columbia labels started in the early 60's until 1970. (Or so the internets say.) "On The Corner" was released in '72...
    Attached files

• LaserWolf said:
    CMF, best finds I've seen in a while.
    Most those jazz titles are US? Were there Canadian Blue Notes, Prestige...?

thanks. a few candian pressings in there but mostly og us pressings. no special canadian pressings for blue note, prestige, riverside...

• $ugar $weatz said:
    I found a copy of the Miles Davis album "On The Corner". It was unusual in that it has a 3D cover. I looked and looked for any info, but no luck. Anybody know anything about this? I searched Popsike and didn't see one with 3D album art like this in all of its 250+ listings. It's a Canadian pressing, I believe. Two Eye Columbia label. Stereo. KC 31906. That in its self is strange because the Two Eye Columbia labels started in the early 60's until 1970. (Or so the internets say.) "On The Corner" was released in '72...

I doubt that's a 3D cover, at least not an intentional one. I've seen a lot of misprintings with a similar effect (cyan and magenta out of alignment), it's probably a mistake that slipped through.

Canada was often a couple years behind the US with label designs for whatever reason, I have some other Canadian Columbias post '70 with a two-eye design - here's one from '72:

• Not on the level of CMF's haul but I did pick this up today for $5.

• minimini 879 Posts
    Flea market and thrift store finds from few months time

+Few shop "finds"

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    Nice come-ups during my thrift rounds last 2 weeks.
    seems like diggin games at the strut are in full effect.
    this board isnt dead yet
    45's with ps
    nov2
    nov3
    nov4
    nov6
    nov5
    clockwise lft
    black santiagos - eastern star dance band aba - chas mcdevitt ft nancy whiskey - damiron y su ritmo - cem karaca

and sme lp's
    nov1
    nov7
    nov8

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    stumbled onto some dudes selling records at the local public market here in Porto Alegre - turns out they show up every month, but somehow this is the first time I noticed them. Found a few goodies at a decent price:

Walter Franco - Respire Fundo - had a beat up copy of this where the best track was skipping, this one's in good shape
    Itamar Assump????o e Banda Isca de Policia - Belel??u - don't think people in the US ever paid much attention to him, so his records are still cheap. I'm a fan.
    Gilberto Gil - Refavela - possibly my favorite Gilberto Gil album. This wasn't a 1st pressing, but it's in really good condition, and I've always had a hard time finding a good copy of this and Refazenda for a reasonable price
    Banda Black Rio - Maria Fuma??a - one of the guys had this stashed away and he pulled it out after we talked a bit, it's in pretty minty condition
    Eduardo Araujo - Pelos Caminhos do Rock - this guy is sort of a guilty pleasure. He's an awful singer IMO, but his first few records had some heavy fuzz going on, but that alone doesn't explain why his records can be so expensive. Here's a taste, song doesn't get going until 1:19 though: Na baixa do sapateiro

got all 5 for less than what people normally charge for the Banda Black Rio alone, feels like a minor achievement

• Nice to see this thread. Nice one on Little beaver Leon, one of my favourite LP's. Nice Noah on the jazz, I found some too last week. It comes from a mr. Shimoda's collection in MTL. He was a Japanese karate Dojo, top dog. He had over 3000 LP's, all jazz. Half of which was vocal jazz, not my cup o tea, but he made up for it with the rest. Alot of domestic and alot of 70's Japanese pressings. Definetely one of the most unique collections I've ever seen. The other stuff comes from a record show hear about a month ago.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Here's most of what I've picked up over the last 30 days.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    A good month... caught up on some long time wants, with help from the Strut, Discogs and eBay

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

break face?

• Found this today for $4.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    Here's most of what I've picked up over the last 30 days.

]

is La Potranquitas del Norte as good as it looks? In portuguese that name means "the little mares", although potranca can be slang for a bodacious woman