Let's talk about this guy and his Mighty Ryders LP

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2012 in Strut Central
Dude keeps throwing it up on eBay...always goes for over 3500. Yet, reserve is not met. What do you think this guy is expecting for it?

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    $4,560.00?

• Also, is thing more than a one-tracker? I was under the impression that Evil Vibrations was the only impressive track on it...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I like the whole LP....

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Also, is thing more than a one-tracker? I was under the impression that Evil Vibrations was the only impressive track on it...

I really enjoy the whole LP. To each his own, however I think its solid from front to back.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Also, is thing more than a one-tracker? I was under the impression that Evil Vibrations was the only impressive track on it...

easily one of the most consistent funk/soul albums out there with a vibe that's totally unique. Awesome. Evil Vibrations is sweated because it is so hard to get a copy without the pressing defect on that track: you need an OG or one of the few 2nd presses that doesn't have the slowdown.

As for the guy with the monster reserve, I don't know, maybe he's trying to set some sort of record: longest unsold overpriced heat on ebay. But he'd have to compete against this guy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOBBY-HAMILTON-QUINTET-Dream-Queen-PRIVATE-SPIRITUAL-JAZZ-FUNK-rare-soul-TSG-/190737059700?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2c68d08f74

I think he's been flossing this for over a year, starting at 1200$

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    agreed, I think the Mighty Ryeders is a good lp all the way through.

as for the Bobby Hamilton, it's cool, but not that good. the whole 'spiritual' angle is getting pretty annoying, and not only because I don't have a bone of it in my body. whatever 'spiritual' means in regards to jazz, there is nothing whatsoever about it on this particular lp

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    This is the most overpriced (quasi) heat on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=jerry+garval&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Tepid, raer record that is worth more than $100 only in the private mind gardens of Israeli dealers.