any of you been told you have a weed problem?

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I know it ain't supposed to be physically addictive, but I know quite a few people who I don't thnk can function anymore without a few puffs.

I've been told to calm down on mines in the past and I have, and I'm able to handle full time school, full time work, and caretaker responsibilities while getting zooted a few times a week. So far I think I'm good and do my best to maintain responsibility while under the influence, but what about any of you that get the warning on the constant, what do you do?

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    my ex-fiance in her good bye letter made the statement, "all you want to do is smoke weed and play records in a bar"...so yeah I guess I have been told I have a weed AND record problem.

• Currently..I am having to stop smoking due to a new job I have that tests randomly. This will be the first time in 11+ yrs that I have "quit." I miss it already and its only been about 2 1/2 weeks...ESPECIALLY after drinking a bit. =(

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    bulshit. it's physically addictive.

get outta here with that Cartesian Dualism crap (so '93...18 or 19)

mind and body are one.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    one of my friends had what i would consider a "social weed" problem. dude would have to smoke before he would go out, smoke if we were out for a while, and if he didn't smoke, he would complain about how shit wasn't fun or what we were doing wasn't cool or whatever. it eventually became a chore to hang out with him and he got into a huge fight with a bunch of my friends which eventually led him to decide to move to another island.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    ESPECIALLY after drinking a bit. =(

thats the best time to do it PHO SHO!

in high school everyone told me i had a weed problem, but since ive been in college i havent heard it once...

MARIJUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speaking of which...

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    bulshit. i'm physically addicted.

weed problem = supply running low

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Amen! For real, I love pot, but I've never found it addictive and it's never gotten in the way of much of anything except maybe taking out the trash.

• Options

Amen! For real, I love pot, but I've never found it addictive and it's never gotten in the way of much of anything except maybe taking out the trash.

....and Kevin's digestive tract via brownie form.

, k

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

I beg to differ. I've seen some potheads go into cold sweats when they miss a session.

• "I love marijuana, you love marijuana, she loves marijuana too!"

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

I beg to differ. I've seen some potheads go into cold sweats when they miss a session.

Fair enough. I think that some people develop psychological dependencies on substances that don't have any addictive properties themselves. Anyway, I'm just saying that pot's never been a serious problem for me, just something that's a lot of fun and makes me feel like a big man and helps me interact with people and keeps from feeling like a looser and gives the push i need to get up in the morning and stops me from jumping off my roof and now i'm gonna smoke....

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    and now i'm gonna smoke....

• A serious note on marijuana:

It's not physically addictive, to me anyway. I smoke on a daily basis. Whenever I'm traveling I don't smoke at all and I don't seem to miss it one bit.

Psychologically however, I think the addictiveness is underrated. In my normal smoking mode I display junky like behaviour, like sneaking out of bed at odd hours to light up another one, sneaking out of social gatherings because I prefer to go home and get stoned with my records, manically going through my drawers to find some left-overs.

Plus, I don't know how you guys smoke it but I like it mixed with tabacco and now I crave for sigarettes now and then.

As I have to be more responsible nowadays, I switched to haze weed because with the heavy skunk I don't know what's my head and what's my tail anymore.

Please note: I love weed and I'm a very happy smoker. But I don't want to romanticize it either.

I stopped once at my girl's request, but within weeks I grew a beer-belly so she gave permission to smoke again.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    get stoned with my records