Moka Only

EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
I bought his 5th installment of the Airport series. It's not a "classic" but it's really good I think, consistent at best. I know dude puts out a ton of work at a quick rate. I heard the single he put out with Ayatollah and that project seems pretty good too so I might cop that also. Anyway long post short, what do you guys think of him as an artist and producer?

Comments

• Im a fan. I think he's a more impressive rapper than producer/songwriter. I always felt he's underrated as strictly an emcee. Mad prolific too.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Always liked this one...

• Moke is an OLD homie. We are both from VIctoria Canada originally.
    He always had mad skillz as a Rapper, Freestyle MC, could sit at a piano and play dope shit off the top of his head, and had nice skills on the skateboard ala early 90's style.

He used to be able to Freestyle impersonate a variety of rappers in their respective voice in succession:
    I once heard him Impersonate and freestyle: Q-Tip, Akinyele, Busta Rhymes, Snagglepus without missing a beat. They all sounded spot on. He coulda done a cartoon lol.

Word to Moke!

• i ride, first time i heard him was on a sixtoo & moka only split 12" back in the day "The Crystal Senate" was the album if i recall correctly...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    While I'm still on youtube, here's how I first heard and met Moka Only by way of the homies in the O...

• Moka just put this out. Real dope.

• I just watched the video, the song is good and I have been going back and forth on buying the 7 inch this weekend.

• Moka's dope. Hard to keep up with, but dope.