Just a video of a bunch of old hip hop dude. Still got it?

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
edited July 2012 in Strut Central

Leaders...

Scenario...

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I was just about to post this. Sound quality is pretty diabolical, but everyone looks like they're having a great time.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    im old

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Apparently it's difficult to East Coast Stomp when you're on swoll.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    There's a bar across the street from my shop where I occasionally imbibe, and one of the bartenders told me that Dinco D would come around every now and then. One night I was sitting there nursing a Jameson for dolo and who sits down next to me but Dinco. I shook his hand, told him how much the Leaders records meant to me, and kept it moving. Dude was low key and sincere, not salty at all (ahem, Charlie Brown) and was stoked to be recognized. Nice guy. This is cool to see.

Are "Golden Age" MCs the only ones who will be able to continue till they are 50?

The 70s dude are almost all gone in terms of doing regular shows it seems.

Will the late 90s/2000+ be 50 and rockin?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    there's still LBE tours with reconstituted 70s groups.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    there's still LBE tours with reconstituted 70s groups.

Paradise Theatre presents

Kool Moe Dee doin his smash hit The Wild Wild West and Go See The Doctor
    Grandmaster Melle Mel and the Furious Three (Kurtis Blow, Jazzy Jeff, & Mike G)
    Doug E Fresh and Mixmaster Spade

Im just wondering if the new cats will still be rockin.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    There's a bar across the street from my shop where I occasionally imbibe, and one of the bartenders told me that Dinco D would come around every now and then. One night I was sitting there nursing a Jameson for dolo and who sits down next to me but Dinco.

This sounds like the beginning of some quality Erotic Boom-Bap Fiction.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i'm sure everyone was stoked to see reek da villian

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    ....i mentioned earlier on to someone about how "uninterested/unimpressed" Slick Rick looked, i mean i know he aint gonna be jumping around with gold on and shit, but damn looking a bit interested at least gives off the impression you wanna be there and may be having a good time, the last few times i saw him on stage he just looked bored as shit..Busta was more stoked to be doing Childrens Story..

i guess i set my expectations too high, i know hes laid back and everything and never was about jumping around on stage..regardless that was dope has hell, lotta sick heads on stage at once, wish i coulda seen this live....

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Slick Rick so weighed down with gold chains he can't even move.