Should the discovery of the Higgs Boson effect the way I store my records?

tabiratabira 856 Posts
edited July 2012 in Strut Central
Does "Dark Matter" build up in the grooves and cause skipping or background noise? Could anti static sleeves help?

Please, your thoughts

Comments

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Might possibly affect the way you adjust the weight of your turntable arm in the distant future.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Good point. I'm seriously thinking in investing in a sub atomic weight sensor to attach to the stylus arm

I'm going to sleep badly tonight

I trust you will sleep better wrestling with far off issues of matter and weight than those with immediate headaches caused by 'large hardon colliders'

Large Hardon Collider

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Do you have a large hardon collider? I noticed you had put highlighter around that one

show me your boson and ill consider you getting higgy with it

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Leave black holes of it!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I am going to remove the Higgs particles from records before shipping (or going to a record show) to decrease the weight and save postage and my back.

When will my spell check recognize Higgs is a word? When will we be able to stop capitalizing higgs?

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    does the VPI cleaner eliminate unwanted bosons?

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Does this mean my 180gram vinyls are... not 180 grams after all?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Biz has a Higgs Boson.

Without bells too.

• exte82exte82 202 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    I am going to remove the Higgs particles from records before shipping (or going to a record show) to decrease the weight and save postage and my back.

When will my spell check recognize Higgs is a word? When will we be able to stop capitalizing higgs?

This is great idea! I've tried to remove Higgs boson for ages now. It seems that postal services worked against it so hard that this boson was discoverd only now, not earlier.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The new age hip-sci freak out event of the summer.
    It's fresh, exciting, it's sooooo zeitgeist. It's the now particle, the wow particle, it's the cot damn goddam god particle FFS.
    Boson, bozo, bosom, bozack.
    I'm like sooo over electrons and quarks and gluons. Them neutrinos, so muhfuhin lightweight. Gimme the new thing. The real thing. This new baby adds weight. Proper.

//adopts steel rimmed specs, bow tie and Austrian accent with wilfully interesting coiffure arrangement// only five-sigma proof level? Zis is not enough for me//

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I feel Lego are missing a trick right about now.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    I feel Lego are missing a trick right about now.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Isn't "God particles" what Ghostface Killah calls his sperm?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Isn't "God particles" what Ghostface Killah calls his sperm?

Yes, I believe the one Thor Penis, aka Entropy Knuckles, aka Cocaine Tivo, has been known to reference thusly.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    BeatChemist said:
    Does this mean my 180gram vinyls are... not 180 grams after all?

All records will now be measured in Bosons, not grams.

I'm not sure how many bosons are in a record, but I have a feeling it's more than 180.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    LaserWolf said:

Higgs is a dude

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    If I've got 36 grams on the scale right now, how many bosons does that equal?