Look, I didnt want to get involved but - I have the Bob James without the bells reel: 6057TV1a

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited June 2012 in Strut Central
I was gonna wait and press copies of it on vinyl but this shitstorm pissing contest about this version is ridiculous.

I do not have it on vinyl. Did it ever get pressed? Possibly, I guess Biz has that copy. From what i can decipher from the tape reel notes it was made for CBS, a tv play along track that is missing the bells in the beginning and the vast majority of the Fender Rhodes track. The reel came from my friend Len who has been in the industry forever and had a bunch of interesting jazz reels from TV and what not in a bin at his studio in Santa Monica. The reel has two songs on it, the first of which is the weird muted version of Mardi Gras with no bells in the beginning. It does have the radio talking, etc. So thats that. I have sent Dj Day a copy of it and wiht my blessing he's gonna rock it tonight at the ace as he's broadcasting on Dublab and I figured, what the hell. No point in holding this close to me anymore since so many people care thaaat much.

Info on the Reel:

15ips
NAB
Friday January 17th, 1975
RVG

Tune in to hear it. I will upload it here tomorrow.

toodles