Jay-Z & Kanye West Perform ???Niggas In Paris??? 11 Times In A Row - In Paris

staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
edited June 2012 in Strut Central
They did it 11 times because that would be like historic and stuff so they did and people are like amazed and stuff cause it like totally made history, cause its like Paris, and they did the song 11 times. in Paris.

Paris.

:cokehead:

Comments

• seems like the people got a good show. would have been something nice to witness.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Did they have to announce that they were trying to make history?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    How else would we know history was being made?

bassie said:
    How else would we know history was being made?

'Cause Gwyneth Paltrow was there!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

She and the brunette behind her just had a swig of the same sour apple martini.

bassie said:

She and the brunette behind her just had a swig of the same sour apple martini.

The Dream has his hand on Kellys bootie...and she dont care.

• Kelly looks like she is thinking "This one kinda sounds like the last one"

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I had to look it up. I was thinking "is 10 the most times a band has played the same song in a show? What record are they breaking?" when I looked it up I see that it's just their own record. This monumental feat is really just them playing the song even more times than before.. History!

The only decent thing to do would be to go back to one performance per show now.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

A great tune but never performed 11 times in a row so obviously not in the same historical league as anything the throne ever did.

P-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-Paris.

This has some significance to the legacy of the genre.
    Its either rappers confidently overtaking Rock in the ridiculous this-one-goes-to-11 category - and perhaps epically confusing hysterical with historical in the process - but I'm sure rap has left rock in the dust some time ago in that respect - or it marks mass rap audiences having truly reached the point where major label artists can feed them any line of BS under the pretense of greatness and they'll gladly and dutifully swallow it. However, I can report no dents were made in anything musically.

11. Paris. Supersize me. Whut.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    speakmumbles said:
    seems like the people got a good show. would have been something nice to witness.

Like fuck. If I'd paid money to see an act, and they played the same song over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, I'd feel short-changed.

So I guess the next thing is doing 99 Problems 99 times, or would that be putting in too much effort, just like, say, a proper set list?

• big earbig ear 67 Posts
    way to make an already boring song seem fucking interminable.
    I'd be looking for something to gouge my ears out with after the 4th time around.

• The 11 is a homage to the Illuminatti.

Make a circle. I like that one in the middle.

Agggggaaaaaaaiiiiinnnn!!!!'

Make a circle. I like that one in the middle.

Agggggaaaaaaaiiiiinnnn!!!!'

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

So I guess the next thing is doing 99 Problems 99 times

22 "22 2s"

:woah:

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    "Can you drop it in Paris?"

The answer is yes.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I just throw up into 11 peoples' mouths...11 times.

• hard to believe they could concoct an experience where Hawaiian Sophie would be a welcome relief.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    sounds lame. i couldnt even watch half that song.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Beyond dumb. And the endless talking intro and in between just drags it out even longer. I would totally want money back.

The Vigilant Citizen is right. Jay Z just mind controlled some Frenchies.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

"Niggas In Paris is like an endurance test for White People not to use the N word" roflmao

• What say tha strut...Russell and Dream defend:

http://globalgrind.com/music/russell-simmons-defends-gwyneth-paltrow-niggas-in-paris-blog

Q-tip doesn't:

http://www.egotripland.com/q-tip-gwyneth-paltrow-n-word-twitter/

Also, is Tip now not using the N word in life and rhymes? As a white I too have experienced many times heavily white crowds rhyming loudly this at shows as Russell points out and thought hmmm...I guess this is cool in this context??...Just this weekend at the Roots Picnic I swear I kept hearing Tariq swap it out...finally, anyone know if there is any "we can say it cause" related here for Tip or even Rus? Do tell...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    You don't know if you can say it or not until you say it. If you say it and then you get your ass stamped out, then you know that you shouldn't have said it. If you say it and you don't get your ass stamped out, then you know that you shouldn't have said it.