Halifax 2012 Jazz Festival (Del-r)

dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
few years ago De La was here which turned out to be a dope show although Posdnous was missing due to being sick, last year Digable Planets were here and the locals were up in arms over hiphop being played at "the jazz festival" and had a really good turn out, i was hoping they wouldnt put the kibosh on having hiphop this year...

just found out a few days ago that Del/Dan Tha Automator/Kid Koala are coming and from what i understand will be preforming Deltron 3030 end to end, which imo is a damn dope album...Koala has been in Hali a few times...but,

has anyone here seen Del live before? what is a strutter to expect..

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    my wife insisted to get tickets in MTL i hype for koala so i'll let you know

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    ^^ fresh, when is the montreal show, hali's is July 6th to the 12th

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    show is july6th
    also apparently new deltron album is finished
    don't love his flow but automator/koala makes up for it

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Expect lots of shouty old school call and response and not so many rhymes. Fun but kind of rough around the edges. Kid Koala will be great,.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    yeah i saw Kid Koala a few times here and he definitely holds his own for sure, i didnt know there was a follow up album to 3030, so i guess some new material is expected if he ever gets past the shouty call and response crap i have heard about since talking with more folks about seeing Del live..

i guess the worst that happens is i spend the $25 bux and the show sux, i would hope that doesnt happen though....

looks like Gerry Granelli and Scratch Bastid & Maestro Fresh Wes will be part of the festival as well, so all's not lost...lol

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    First time I ever saw Del live was at Unity in LA in '94. Del was alright, but PEACE went on after him and slayed.

I still listen to Del's No Need for Alarm album, but that Deltron shit is a terd to me.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    nothign to add here... other than interesting to see a post from my home town... cheers!

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    First time I ever saw Del live was at Unity in LA in '94. Del was alright, but PEACE went on after him and slayed.

I still listen to Del's No Need for Alarm album, but that Deltron shit is a terd to me.

I WAS THERE!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I WAS THERE!

Cockni O'Dire on the wheels and if I remember correctly, the Artifacts opened as well.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    The artifacts one was at the Musicians Union hall -

Atban Klan Openend and got seriously booed.

Beatnuts
    Organized Confusion
    Artifacts
    Common

Mark Luv on the wheels, Bigga on promotion. Fight broke out at the end of the night, someone got thrown through the glass window.

HIGHLIGHT OF MY LIFE