Psych Mix (mix related)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
records from the 20th and 21st centuries...got carried a way and there are a few long jams in it...

Comments

• Awesome, thanks.

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Dope, downloading now.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Thanks doods

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    listening now man

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    records from the 20th and 21st centuries...got carried a way and there are a few long jams in it...

Cool mix man.. Love those Boris and Soft Machine tracks..

I've been looking for that 1st cut for a long time... mind pointing me in the right direction friend?

- spidey

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    SPlDEY said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Cool mix man.. Love those Boris and Soft Machine tracks..

I've been looking for that 1st cut for a long time... mind pointing me in the right direction friend?

- spidey

thanks...the main track is Tommy James and the Shondells "Cellophane Symphony" blended with elements of Ufomammut "Eve" and the end is blended with the intro of Terry Manning's "Savoy Truffle"

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    Just listening now, thanks for sharing...

:beerbang:

Damn I would've never thought of Tommy James and the Shondells..

We're talking about the same dudes who wrote Crimson & Clover? Right? What the fuck?

- spidey

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

It might take me some time to find it, but let me know if you want it in your life. I can't remember the last time I pulled it out.. I'll gladly sell it to someone who will appreciate it more than my shelf space is.

bassie said:

It might take me some time to find it, but let me know if you want it in your life. I can't remember the last time I pulled it out.. I'll gladly sell it to someone who will appreciate it more than my shelf space is.

Pm'ed!

- spidey

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    SPlDEY said:
    Damn I would've never thought of Tommy James and the Shondells..

We're talking about the same dudes who wrote Crimson & Clover? Right? What the fuck?

- spidey

Crimson and Clover was actually the album that directly preceded Cellophane Symphony, and the two together are considered his "psych period". Crimson and Clover has some psych effects going on, but they really went hard with the effects and gimmicks on Cellophane Symphony.

b/w

Tommy James rules. Dude wrote some classics and a lot of very strong material.