It Takes Two (censorship-r)

dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
so i got into this discussion the other day about this track and the queston came up if there was a version of this without the ridiculous BEEP on the "fuck the big mac" verse, i have never heard one or ever came across one in my searches/travels.. i remember getting this album when i was younger hoping for a "no beep" version, but the album, video and 12" version of the track are the same

is there a version of this without the beep? anything.....

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I suspect the beep is in every version. That video is still great though. Probably a top 5 rap track for me, as well. Nostalgia-related.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    waxjunky said:
    I suspect the beep is in every version. That video is still great though. Probably a top 5 rap track for me, as well. Nostalgia-related.

This was pretty much inescapable for a good couple of years after it came out, but I have a very clear memory of this being played at the Hacienda one Friday night a little while before it crossed over to the mainstream clubs. The sight of about 1500 pilled-up lunatics all screaming "yeah! whooo!" was pretty fucking wild.

Never heard a version without the beep.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    In this classic Derek B remix the line is also beeped

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Pretty sure Biz has 12" promo w/ no beep.

:holygrail:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    jjfad027 said:
    Pretty sure Biz has 12" promo w/ no beep.

:holygrail:

he does - he played it over the phone for me once and imagine how blown my mind was when the lyric was actually
    "I like the Whopper ButI'llEata Big Mac!"

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    as a teenaged intern at profile records in winter 1995 i asked this very question of my bosses chris and jim and they said that it was indeed first pressed without the beep, but they had no copies at the office so i have never heard it without. still no proof!

sidenote as a kid when this song came out i thought rob's lyric said 'don't smoke buddah, can't stand sex'. did anyone else think that? it totally made sense to me with the whole straight edge thing that was going on at the time in hip hop and hard core shows and i hadn't heard of sess because i was a naive virgin not yet aware of hweed slang.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    damn i'll admit that i thought coming across a copy with out the beep would have been a bit easy given the interwebs now a days, pretty shocked there isnt a version of this floating around....

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    AKallDay said:
    sidenote as a kid when this song came out i thought rob's lyric said 'don't smoke buddah, can't stand sex'. did anyone else think that?.

Ces is a hell of a drug.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    Ces?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I checked my reissue and its got the beep.

The original video doesnt not have the fake graf neon squigglies all over it.

I remember when that "remix" came out and was perplexed. When the shit crossed over i never saw the OG video again.