Euro Deep Funk

victorbreakervictorbreaker 11 Posts
edited January 2012 in Strut Central
Hi people! Let's see if we can compile some nice european deep funk cuts, and I mean, real deep funk only released in Europe.

Of course there are the spanish ones "The President's" with three 45's, "T.R. Selecci??n" with another two 45's and "The Brothers", with the famous "Brothers Groove" and "Funky Paella".

"The Pipe", "Davy And Junior With Guess Who" from Belgium, "Ray Pereira" from France, UK's "De-Hems", "Alan Shelly" from Italy, "Soul Vibrations" and their Organ Vibration 45, the "Bonner Beat Bands" EP from Germany, Vigon, Wess & The Airedales...

I think we can make a good selection.

Comments

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    victorbreaker said:
    the "Bonner Beat Bands" EP from Germany

Makes me happy you named this. (Still have some copies of the Re-Issue BTW, just sayin')

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    disco_che said:
    victorbreaker said:

Makes me happy you named this. (Still have some copies of the Re-Issue BTW, just sayin')

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    from the uk:

imho as good as the original, maybe even a bit rougher

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

an obvious one from italy:

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

• disco_che said:
    victorbreaker said:

I just found one on a trip to Germany, at first I thought it was the original, but as I saw the remix in the background...

• "Funky Mama" by The Explosions. Ultra rare Dutch Surinam kiddie deep funk that needs to be re-issued someday....

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    from the uk:

Please be serious.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    victorbreaker said:
    disco_che said:
    victorbreaker said:

I just found one on a trip to Germany, at first I thought it was the original, but as I saw the remix in the background...

Out of interest: Where did you find it? There's only two shops I know that offered it. "Zardoz" in Hamburg and "Optimal" in Munich.

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    Kinetic said:

Yes! great track, some of my all time favourite drums!

:hard_as_fuck:

• minimini 879 Posts
    From Finland: Utopia: King of the road

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    found a pretty cool deep funk ish 45 in a dumpster last year late summer fall ish, had been thrown out along with a shitload of other records and stuff, picture sleeve was water damaged badly, the wax ok though, i was a bit suprised hearing it, cause danish records seldomly have that particullar sound, i'll see if i can find and post it..

The_Non said:
    finelikewine said:
    from the uk:

Please be serious.

I'm totally :feelin_it:
    This is the best cover of that song that I know. What's wrong with it in your opinion?

I'm a bit surprised that Ambros Seelos' "Mabusso" hasn't been mentioned yet...

and these:

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    It's ok, but it can't touch the original imo. It's all opinions, but it's not even close in my view.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    victorbreaker said:
    disco_che said:
    victorbreaker said:

Just got this one in the mail, absolute winner, and remix is also very nice, thx J*n!

• Oscar Harris and the Twinkle Stars - Relax Before Doing Sex

What a weird inclusion on an absolutely HORRIBLE album!

• disco_che said:
    victorbreaker said:
    disco_che said:
    victorbreaker said:

Out of interest: Where did you find it? There's only two shops I know that offered it. "Zardoz" in Hamburg and "Optimal" in Munich.

It must be Zardoz then, I've only buyed records in Hamburg and Berlin.

PD. I'm waiting for a copy of Jimmy Stone's "Family Affair", compiled on Sensacional Soul.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    American musicians but euro only release

• Two of the toughest and rarest euro 45's. Both by American artists.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    maybe not true deep funk, but as close as it gets coming outta denmark, you guys be the judge..

• Jazzsucka said:
    Two of the toughest and rarest euro 45's. Both by American artists.

This is what I was talking about! Nice one, I didn't had any knowledge about it, thanks.

• I made a video with my 45's, all named before in the thread:

(It's not suposed to be a mixtape, it was just to show them in facebook).

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    US band, but UK only LP:

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    There's a few really cool Finish funk 45s I have thanks to a mate who used to post here, including that King Of The Road one that was already mentioned. One is by Braun Astronette and is aactually a kick-ass instrumental cover of Ballinjack's Found A Child. This and others haven't made their way to youtube yet.

• per0per0 152 Posts
    The_Non said:
    finelikewine said:
    from the uk:

Please be serious.

Seconded.

• Geoff Love moonlighting:

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    I don't know if this one is deep enough, but it's euro funk.

DivShare File - Ambros Seelos Group - Surprise.mp3

P.S. Sorry, divshare's player isn't working.

• I forgot this italian gem: