Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited March 4 in Strut Central

Comments

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    25,000 pieces of hiphop, r'n'b and reggae chud for $50,000. Wow.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ EXACTLY!

• oy. this whole thing is a mess.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Bbbbbbbbuut there's random rapz in there!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• Would be lucky realistically to get $5000 for the lot. tonnes of unsaleable turds

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Chan, it's funny you say that. I actually bought most of B's classic Hip-Hop stuff in 2004. Sold a lot of it to the Japanese crews that would make the rounds. He has enough Hip Hop memorabilia to fill a museum. That's where the real money is. That and his mix tape collection.

• Who did I sell my classics to?

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    :hayek: :oh_snap:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Welcome.
    This is Dan at Jump Jump Music in Portland. You didn't sell them to me.

• Thanks for the welcome Dan! haha

djbmello said:
    Who did I sell my classics to?
    Stinky

• Murdock said:
    djbmello said:
    Stinky

Haha! I thought it was somebody frontin'. I did sell off some 3rd & 4th copies and extra stuff I had back then & you did give me a really fair price. I Respect that. It wasn't that many though. 30 or 40 records max?

djbmello said:
    Murdock said:
    djbmello said:
    Stinky

Haha! I thought it was somebody frontin'. I did sell off some 3rd & 4th copies and extra stuff I had back then & you did give me a really fair price. I Respect that. It wasn't that many though. 30 or 40 records max?

No frontin' here. I bought a lot more than 40 records. But, I'm sure you still have plenty of bangerz left.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    djkingotto said:
    oy. this whole thing is a mess.

Otto, are all the records with you in Twin Cities someplace? If B was selling all these records 10 years ago, I know some Japanese cats that would have bought everything. It will be tough to sell all this vinyl in 2012. He might have to list all of the rare stuff as individual auctions and put the rest of the records together as lots. I don't think anyone will buy all of this as one lot.

nah, not with me, but they're out here. so will be B next week. yeah, its gonna be hard to sell them off, especially since they're out here now. i'm sure barry can elaborate more for ya...

in other news i get to spin with my man for the first time in 15+ years!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• nice! glad it sold

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Instant record store.