No new The-Dream thread? New The-Dream thread.

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
Listened it to it once all the way through. First impression: Nice break-up vibes through the first five tracks before album gets dicey at "Rolex (feat. Casha)" before the very next tune "Silly (introducing Casha)." It's like, hey, we already met this chic one track ago and she wasn't that good, no "introduction" necessary. Terius Nash talking about how the song "Wedding Crasher," while seemingly solid, is his "drunk song" and "anthem" but provides little to sing along to. And that's really what you can take away from this -- decent R&B album with no single to speak of.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Batmon, you saying that with an album with such a terrible cover, it should suck? I will admit that I have seen another recent album with a better gilded, gold cover.

I am listening to this "Wedding Crasher" song again, and it's growing on me fast. Dude appears to be threatening crashing a girl's wedding if she doesn't deliver the booty. It's a compelling technique.

• batmon said:

I'm kinda liking the cover.

i ran thru it and ill have to really sit down with it.

Silly remake is OD hot.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    cool. so far so good.
    im assuming the first song is addressing the pictures that leaked of him canoodling on a beach with another woman, when he was supposedly with C. Milian

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I like it.

There's still a fair cringe worthy moments like I'd expect from The-Dream but more good than bad. Silly cover is great but I'm a sucker for that song anyway. Stand out for me is probably the title track, in fact I think I prefer the second half of the album to the first (especially if you skip past the last minute or so of the Pharrell track)

• Embarrassed that I didn't initially know "Silly" was a cover; clearly have some gaps to fill in my Niecy discography.

white_tea said:
    Embarrassed that I didn't initially know "Silly" was a cover; clearly have some gaps to fill in my Niecy discography.

• Just getting straight up exposed in this thread. A Hype Williams-directed video, where you unaware? Yes, yes I was. I've got some homework to do.

batmon said:

Silly remake is OD hot.

1977 coming out commercially with a few new tracks but "Silly" was omitted, sadly.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    white_tea said:
    batmon said:

Silly remake is OD hot.

1977 coming out commercially with a few new tracks but "Silly" was omitted, sadly.

I scooped the new tracks from iTunes this morning. Surprised to find "Silly" wasn't on it. Maybe someone at Def Jam thought it didn't belong on a The-Dream album (as opposed to a Terius Nash album).

DocMcCoy said:
    white_tea said:
    batmon said:

Silly remake is OD hot.

I scooped the new tracks from iTunes this morning. Surprised to find "Silly" wasn't on it. Maybe someone at Def Jam thought it didn't belong on a The-Dream album (as opposed to a Terius Nash album).

Decent? I was going to grab the one new Weeknd song released as part of the trilogy that I already got for free, however, iTunes did not offer the a la cart option for the song.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    white_tea said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    white_tea said:
    batmon said:

Silly remake is OD hot.

Decent? I was going to grab the one new Weeknd song released as part of the trilogy that I already got for free, however, iTunes did not offer the a la cart option for the song.

Yeah, both are good, but placed against the o.g. material they do sound a little bolted-on. Very lavish-sounding and obviously newer, they really underscore the extent to which dudes like The Weeknd and Jeremih have taken their cues from him.