LA PEOPLE: I need a Rhythm section.

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
edited August 2011 in Announcements
I'm going to be gigging in California and I'm looking for a funky bass player and a heavy footed drummer to help us out with some gigs. Anybody know anybody? Or have any reccomendations?

Looking on Craigslist has been like pulling teeth man.

- Diego

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Seriously LA what the fuck is up with your craigslist musician page:

wassup

my name is tommy and i love music more than anything in the world. words can not describe what music does therefore i will not try. im going to be straight up: i slap the shit out of my bass, sing, and write lyrics. i want to find drummers and guitarist that i can relate to on every cosmic level imaginable. my style is a mix of funk, punk rock, and pychadelic but plenty of energy and emotion too I DONT MEAN EMO. F.U.C.K. EMO. (think flea, timmy c from rage, erick avery from janes, jack bruce, parlament funkadelic, butthole surfers, black flag, the germs, circle jerks, minor threat, old offspring that kind of deal). i want to tour the universe playing music for the people who want to hear it. im a story teller when it comes to lyrics: the other day i wrote a song about mushrooms ;) ya those kind and its about going to a different planet with the girl you love because you just cant take some of the shit on this planet. i also do political/ social lyrics and they can get pretty angry. i believe music is a vessel you can change the world with and i want to. there are kids dying everywerre right now because they dont have food. america is dying because we eat to much food. that sounds easy to fix, but there are too many people that care more about profit than poverty. anyway before i ramble im 18 years old, going to get some better equipment this month and want to jam with my future brotherhood. if this add sounded wierd please dont reply. i dont want you anyway :D.

ive got enough theory down. you dont have too but its cool if you do.

you should dig a lot of musiic but specifically: the red hot chili peppers, jimi hendrix, rage against the machine, FUNK FUNK FUNK (thats not a band by the way), all the 80's punk rock especially the germs, explosions in the sky, zeppelin

if you are a guitarist please be funky and energetic as fuck, but still be able to pull out something like soul to squeeze or under the bridge because all music sad, happy, loud, funny is beautifull and deserves to be made.

drummers: i dont know a gaddamn thing about drums but i know that i like em loud and fast, but also rythmic and melodic. be able to do both please. i do A LOT of slap bass. i do like dave grohl and chad smith.

soloing and inprov is a huge deal because jamming is amazing and produces the best music ive ever heard. dont be affraid of fucking up just go for it. thats how real music is made

i dont have a phone right now so reply with email. if you dont have one get one this is the only way to hit me up for now. tell me what you play something about yourself(because friendship does matter) and well talk

im looking for a brotherhood not just a band. hit me up. peace homies.

P.S. I HATE MUSIC TODAY AND WHAT ITS BECOME. I WANT TO BE THE BAND THAT THEY TALK ABOUT IN 20 YEARS AND SAY " MAN THOSE GUYS WERE CRAZY BUT THEY WERE FUCKING GENIUSIS ALSO."

- diego