Half Black - Half Latino Spiderman

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central

Discuss.

- spidey

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    "Maybe sooner or later a black or gay ??? or both ??? hero will be considered something absolutely normal."

When it's considered absolutely normal in society. I do have a black and gay friend but he's not the kind I could see cracking heads in lycra.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    ultimate Spiderman = fake spiderman.

spiderman 2099 - Miguel O'Hara

i hate this trend in comics.

they cant grow the black, latino,blatino characters allready established.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    The Brown Recluse?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    "Maybe the costume is in bad taste"?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    batmon said:

I don't care man. For me this is better than getting a black president.

Should I remind you of the bullshit new spiderman movie?

DO NOT WANT!!

- spidey

SPlDEY said:
    batmon said:

I don't care man. For me this is better than getting a black president. - spidey

So a Blatino Spiderman will be better than the 40 year old mythos?

U need brown skin to identify with Spiderman on a deeper level?
    this shit is a fuckin gimmick thats riding on Obama's acheivement.

Milestone established Static as a Brother with growning pains like a the young Peter Parker twenty years ago.
    who cared, even when they were able to create a cartoon.

Bendis and them have admitted that this was a reaction to Obama. Its half-assed IMO.
    Why wasnt this done in the mainstream Marvel Universe?

the movie is regular Marvel. They are doing teenage Spiderman, like the og comic.
    dont front like they are going to embrace a blatino spiderman for a relaunch.
    they fucked the Blade trilogy when they tried to shift the story about the white teammates.
    Snipes wasnt havin it and the brand got reduced to Sticky fingers takin the role for cable.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    SPlDEY said:

Is this the backpack girl?

batmon said:

Absolutely.

- spidey

SPlDEY said:
    batmon said:

Absolutely.

- spidey

could u explain why brown skin will make this a better character to u?
    white writers painting a hero brown and ommitting the depth of being brown is cool with u?

Ive already gone on record on hatting the Black Nick Fury. I understand why they went this direction especially in the Ultimate universe which is a new re-introduction to a generation of fans who have the movies as a starting point. fine.
    but i feel its a strictly a cosmetic alteration to the hero and it doesnt go beyond that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/30/opinion/blow-my-very-own-captain-america.html?_r=1

ny times

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    SPlDEY said:

Discuss.

- spidey

Waardenburg syndrome?

batmon said:

Because i'm half black and half latino, and I like spiderman. I thought that was clear?

- spidey

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    If I saw a blatino spiderman in my neighbourhood I would call the police

SPlDEY said:
    batmon said:

Because i'm half black and half latino, and I like spiderman. I thought that was clear?

- spidey

so the art can be below par as long as it is brown that satisfies your standards.

just dip it in chocolate and youll bite?

I've been reading the Amazing Spiderman since I was 7 years old. For me the character has gone from great to bad to average back to good depending on the artists and writers. Now.. I don't even read comics anymore. All I see are these shameless horrible movies, and these laughably awful New york plays. I haven't read the new Ultimate spiderman with Miles, but I've read and not liked most of the Ultimate Spiderman series. I probably won't read this comic, but nonetheless I will support the controversy.

- spidey

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the forcing token blacks in marvel movies really irks me

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    batmon said:

Would that be his domestic achievements on economic matters and unemeployment or achievements in foreign affairs like Libya? Or maybe his handling of the BP oil spill? Its hard to keep track of all those achievements.

sabadabada said:
    batmon said:

Would that be his domestic achievements on economic matters and unemeployment or achievements in foreign affairs like Libya? Or maybe his handling of the BP oil spill? Its hard to keep track of all those achievements.

pcmr said:
    the forcing token blacks in marvel movies really irks me

And this Blatino Spider-Man is the same game.
    Psuedo Multi-Culturalism.

The Ultimate line isnt as successful as Marvel intended.
    Spiderman is its best sellin title. Kill Peter and create a new Spiderman to drum up sales.

No different from all the other dead then ressurected superhero gimmicks done in the past except theyve piggybacked on the Black President heat.

Very observant Batmon. I wonder if I can get some black spiderman tshirts made.

- spidey

• Not even D.C. is safe from the re-writing of history to attract readership. Anybody remember Steel? Black Superman anyone? I can just imagine what the editorial bigwigs thought they were doing.
    "Let's "urbanize" our heroes to appeal to the "inner city" youths! It'll be a smash!" Then they "borrow" from American folk-lore attributes of the character John Henry. Totally classy. (sarcasm)
    Attached files

$ugar $weatz said:
    Not even D.C. is safe from the re-writing of history to attract readership. Anybody remember Steel? Black Superman anyone? I can just imagine what the editorial bigwigs thought they were doing.
    "Let's "urbanize" our heroes to appeal to the "inner city" youths! It'll be a smash!" Then they "borrow" from American folk-lore attributes of the character John Henry. Totally classy. (sarcasm)

The film also stars three-time Oscar?? nominee Amy Adams (The Fighter) as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Oscar?? nominee Laurence Fishburne (What's Love Got to Do with It) as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Oscar?? nominee Diane Lane (Unfaithful) and Academy Award?? winner Kevin Costner (Dances with Wolves).

SMH

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Costner? haha.

• Kostner is playing a villain in Tarantino's upcoming slave revenge movie.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• i like the ultimate titles for the change in story telling and finality of characters deaths.

yes, marvel played up the whole he's black! and latino! maybe gay in the future too! aspect of his creation...BUT they also promoted the death of spidey like it was the actual earth-616 (for you comic geeks) spider-man, and not an alternate universe.

At the end of the day comics are to people what soap operas are to housewives..characters die, get hurt, get amnesia, etc, and always find a way to come back to normal and we don't really blink an eye. i say we actually let the series run or the film come out before we judge its greatness.

oh and somehow punisher became frankenstein.

speakmumbles said:
    i say we actually let the series run or the film come out before we judge its greatness. .

I say we prejudge the gimmick and not show any love. Wait three years and watch the milk carton unfold.

• by the way, perry white doesn't fight evil so i don't care who plays him, but fishburne has always been awesome.

speakmumbles said:

"This is the REMIX!!!!!"