When the fusk is the new THE WEEKND mixtape gonna drop

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
I dunno about you, but on the strength of this shit right here, I am fucking amped for this.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I'm with you. I've been playing "The Birds Pt 1" like crazy.

"Don't make me make you fall in love with a n***a like me..."

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    On one hand I'm with you, on the other hand, dude's releasing three albums for free this year, let's just give him some time.

Would love to go to one of those live shows though!

bassie said:

That's a lot of people who don't like R&B!

Seriously though, dude is talented. I would've loved to be at that show.

I want one of those shirts when they come out. Only 250 made though (I think).

Also, if you haven't got it yet, I recommend OG Ron C's Chopped Not Slopped version of House Of Balloons. Adds a little extra drugginess.

• saw him live last night! booya!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    bassie said:

second clip is incredible. the production on his album, drowned out in all the effects, don't do his voice justice IMO.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yea, parts of it are just beautiful to me. The sing-along aspect would drive me absolutely crazy though. Some things...I don't want to share with a crowd.

• vintageinfants said:
    saw him live last night! booya!

i just realized that the video's bassie posted were FROM last night. i'm a doy-oy.

awesome seeing that though.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• sick

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    good lookin out rey

• yes Rey! perfect timing!

consider the bump n grind playlist rejuvenated!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i think this dude is trash

deej said:
    i think this dude is trash

That's nice.

So anyways... I'm really feeling this album too. "The Birds Pt. 1" is still my favorite. Shit hits me on many levels. Hopefully dude can maintain his hype (and talent) unlike the The Dream, Ryan Leslie, etc.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I really did like a lot of the first tape, but this is sounding mediocre to bad on the first couple listens.

Conversely, I think The-Dream's music has been consistently good/interesting (I never cared about Ryan Leslie).

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up Rey - my brother hit me with the link on FB the other day so I been bumping this for a few days now and damn I do really like it. My fav new cut has to be 'Life Of The Party.'

bull_ox said:

Yup, dude has a great taste in music and an ear for good samples.

• 'glass table girl's and 'wicked games were mah jointz off the last one. the birdses and life of the party off this one.

pandora's box: whats up with His Degrassi-ness's totally uninspired. (n??e half asleep) verse on this? I thought he rode for dude, sounds like hes trying to sink him.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Can't say I'm feeling this new one. Is this the new trip-hop?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yeah just had a listen through and really not doing it for me. Will give it another go when my mood is brighter but it sounded like all the worst bits of House of Balloons without any of the highs, varying between blandness and irritating whines.

Sure I read something about him changing producers so perhaps that's the difference or maybe tracks like Happy House convinced me to overlook the shortcomings. Either way I'll give it another go.

Expect the presence of Drake didn't help matters either.

vintageinfants said:
    '
    pandora's box: whats up with His Degrassi-ness's totally uninspired. (n??e half asleep) verse on this? I thought he rode for dude, sounds like hes trying to sink him.

As opposed to his usual cheery self? Oddly enough, I like him on here. Not much anywhere else though.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    You wonder if these Weeknd and Frank Ocean tapes played a role in The-Dream deciding to release their own free album, 1977, which is set to drop next week. I am not the biggest fan of Weeknd but I welcome any free R&B records also long as its of at least a decent quality.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i think it's more likely because dude has no buzz right now. does he even have a single out?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    yeah, i just noticed that i missed that Body Work/F*ck My Brains Out (?!) two-parter from June. Anyone have that to share, please?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The interpretative/unofficial videos are just terrible.
    The b&w one for What You Need which has the EP cover's image in it is not even 'official' supposedly.
    The Morning is my favourite track of HOB and I started watching a video someone did and had to stop. Embarassingly bad.