why is the-breaks so wack?

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
i have used the database for about 6 years, and only just discovered the forum section on the-breaks last month.i do declare, it's quite disappointing. people request samples for wack songs, make uninsightful and witless comments, and definitely do not drop knowledge. what's the deal? i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy to am i missing something or is is really that weak?

Comments

• i have used the database for about 6 years, and only just discovered the forum section on the-breaks last month.
    i do declare, it's quite disappointing. people request samples for wack songs, make uninsightful and witless comments, and definitely do not drop knowledge. what's the deal?

i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy to

am i missing something or is is really that weak?

I want to extent it once more :

What??s the deal in dropping knowledge and seeing it help some asshole ?

• i generally think the people there are in there mid to late teens early twenties as opposed to here where they are early 20s-late 20s later-30s-40s etc.

that place is like newbie central or something.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

"i think shakespeare's bones just exploded"

• I want to extent it once more :

uh oh - another language mistake ?

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I have yet to find a place that is as communal as SS... I'm sure some people don???t like other people but SS is kind of like a cyber family thing. I think that the people around here vibing the way they do is something very rare on the net... then again I don???t go many other places but here.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

hey krautbreaks, what was your olad catchphrase again?

mr. sucker? that rules

• I think that the people around here vibing the way they do is something very rare on the net...

I would call it wrong due to other experiences !

Yet for a place where money and private interests find toghether
    I would say it can still be a pretty friendly atmosphere at times.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

you're right, maybe i was too harsh, but i don't even understand what you said after that either? are you being flip? my whole point was that there is NO knowledge being dropped.

ANYway, dave & ray - i see what you're saying, i guess i just wish that place would step its game up. and now they don't even allow sharing mp3's.
    work's over, will check in later, peas

• hey krautbreaks, what was your olad catchphrase again?

mr. sucker? that rules

I have no problem in clowning myself with mistakes but

_please_ would someone at least please explain what is wrong ?

• i have used the database for about 6 years, and only just discovered the forum section on the-breaks last month.
    i do declare, it's quite disappointing. people request samples for wack songs, make uninsightful and witless comments, and definitely do not drop knowledge. what's the deal?

i'm not a grammar expert but i believe it would read

i want to extend this further:

what is wrong with dropping knowledge and seeing it help some asshole?

or if you meant it the other way...

what is the point of dropping knowledge and seeing it help some asshole?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    i have used the database for about 6 years, and only just discovered the forum section on the-breaks last month.

Did you mean to say: "I would like to extend it to one more item"?

That would be very clumsy English as well.

This would be better; "I would add, ...

Now for the second part. "What's the deal in dropping knowledge and seeing it help some asshole?" Who is this asshole of which you speak?

It is laughable me giving English lessons. Where is Twoply when you need him?

Yours in poor English usage, spelling and punctuation,
    Dan

• i'm not a grammar expert but i believe it would read

I wrote "once more" because I have written about that toppic several times here.

I wanted to express that I don??t see any point in dropping my knowledge to let someone have a benefit out of it for free -

so it seems the people on the breaks think too (at least you described it this way !?)

Asshole in the sense of someone being on the "getting info and offering nothing train" and in worst case "getting something I want before I have my hands on it!"

As you have written about shakespeare I thought about having utilized some sentence that is out of his poems and I have never read any of it so I couldn??t know.

Thanks for your explanation

Seb

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    i have used the database for about 6 years, and only just discovered the forum section on the-breaks last month.

I think he was trying to say that this has already been discussed. He was reiterating the fact that the-breaks is just a site the helps little dudes find out what breaks go to which songs. not worth hating.. but

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

I think he was trying to say that this has already been discussed. He was reiterating the fact that the-breaks is just a site the helps little dudes find out what breaks go to which songs. not worth hating.. but

Yea, that's the whole thing. People just want a quick answer to their sample query and they go. Not that big of a deal. There you can just check in once a month and see it all.

Xombi does some really good posting in his blog. I've never bothered to read the responses he gets but I like the stuff he puts on the front page.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    some of the thread titles are pretty

- any songs you wish, it would have a drumbreak?

- Whats your digging technique?

- Dreaming about your fathers Stash

- What country can I "easy" find Library records ?

- COWBOY DRUMS.... YEEEHAA

- yo Rare Earth sample

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    some of the thread titles are pretty

- any songs you wish, it would have a drumbreak?

- Whats your digging technique?

- What country can I "easy" find Library records ?

- COWBOY DRUMS.... YEEEHAA

- yo Rare Earth sample

whoa

I wrote "once more" because I have written about that toppic several times here.

I wanted to express that I don??t see any point in dropping my knowledge to let someone have a benefit out of it for free -
    so it seems the people on the breaks think too (at least you described it this way !?)

Asshole in the sense of someone being on the "getting info and offering nothing train" and in worst case "getting something I want before I have my hands on it!"

As you have written about shakespeare I thought about having utilized some sentence that is out of his poems and I have never read any of it so I couldn??t know.

Thanks for your explanation
    Seb

Please never stop posting here. We have much to learn from you.

• Please never stop posting here. We have much to learn from you.

How should I understand that now ?

Please never stop posting here. We have much to learn from you.

I mean to say you are

I mean to say you are

Ich verstehe immer noch nicht, ob das ironisch gemeint war, oder nicht :-/

I mean to say you are

Ich verstehe immer noch nicht, ob das ironisch gemeint war, oder nicht :-/

mein deutsch ganz schlecht ist.

verzeihen mir bitte, aber er machte nicht uber du lustig.

• mein deutsch ganz schlecht ist.

Hello!

I have already written him a private message.

If I got it wrong I am officially sorry !!

Greetings
    Seb

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

Hello!

Greetings
    Seb

seb, homie.
    i can understand the point of withholding knowledge because some asshole will have it much easier, but in the great scheme of things, sharing knowledge helps the world move forward much faster.

think of how it would be like if your renaissance heroes never shared knowledge. there wouldn't be any rapid advancements, and we wouldn't have the wonderful pollution caused by the industrial revolution (no KMFDM).

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

• spcspc 534 Posts

Hello!

Greetings

Seb

seb, homie.

i can understand the point of withholding knowledge because some asshole will have it much easier, but in the great scheme of things, sharing knowledge helps the world move forward much faster.

think of how it would be like if your renaissance heroes never shared knowledge. there wouldn't be any rapid advancements, and we wouldn't have the wonderful pollution caused by the industrial revolution (no KMFDM).

I second that. You don't have to give all you knowledge away, but a hint here or there can help the ones who want to learn. I think it comes down to dropping the right amount.

Krautbeats, didn't you also start out small when getting into collecting and didn't someone help you and give you knowledge? But to some extend I think you are right, giving knowledge to someone who doesn't appreciate it just not worth it.

Sind hier eigentlich viele aus Deutschland vertreten?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    A word in the-breaks.com defense--mucho soulstrutters came to the 'strut from the original 'crates' mailing list, the forefather of the-breaks.com.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

NEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN, aber viele Spanner!!! But how many kind and friendly German diggers do you know? How many would share their knowledge? How many are really what they think they are?

• spcspc 534 Posts

NEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN, aber viele Spanner!!! But how many kind and friendly German diggers do you know? How many would share their knowledge?

I only got one person in my circle of friends who is really into music and "digging" records and hunting down information, but he has always been very open with knowledge and stuff like that. So I think I should therefore also try to help someone when my, compared to him, small amount of knowledge makes this possible.

How many are really what they think they are?
    What do you mean?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I only got one person in my circle of friends who is really into music and "digging" records and hunting down information, but he has always been very open with knowledge and stuff like that. So I think I should therefore also try to help someone when my, compared to him, small amount of knowledge makes this possible.

Me too! I got one friend that is seriuosly into music. He can't yet share much with me, because he's still new to digging and can't keep ANY names in mind. Kinda strange... but I like to help him. I love to share!

What do you mean?

Just sayin'... I live in a large city (600,000 inhabitants). I left a ??? 7 Pazant Brothers Loose & Juicy copy at a well known inner-city store for about two years. Not hidden. Right in a Soul & Funk box.
    I had a copy for myself, so I left it just to check if there were any other diggers around. I finally bought the record myself! I talked to some Funk & Soul DJs that call themselves vinyl enthusiasts. They had been at the store I'm talking about and they were going through the box with the Loose & Juicy copy. They are DJing for great clubs, but only play comps. Dudes don't even know Kool & The Gang has some good records! They are acting like big dudes. Their comment to Romano Mussolini: hey, I like Cafe Del Mar!

Noone around my old hometown has much to share when it comes to records. Only the old guys that I cherish a lot!

• spcspc 534 Posts

Me too! I got one friend that is seriuosly into music. He can't yet share much with me, because he's still new to digging and can't keep ANY names in mind. Kinda strange... but I like to help him. I love to share!

What do you mean?

Just sayin'... I live in a large city (600,000 inhabitants). I left a ??? 7 Pazant Brothers Loose & Juicy copy at a well known inner-city store for about two years. Not hidden. Right in a Soul & Funk box.
    I had a copy for myself, so I left it just to check if there were any other diggers around. I finally bought the record myself! I talked to some Funk & Soul DJs that call themselves vinyl enthusiasts. They had been at the store I'm talking about and they were going through the box with the Loose & Juicy copy. They are DJing for great clubs, but only play comps. Dudes don't even know Kool & The Gang has some good records! They are acting like big dudes. Their comment to Romano Mussolini: hey, I like Cafe Del Mar!

Noone around my old hometown has much to share when it comes to records. Only the old guys that I cherish a lot!

"Diggers" seem to be a dying breed in Germany, but when I can compare the record situation with other country (not based on my own experience, because I haven't really been out for records in other countries) I can somehow understand it. That friend of mine I mentionend above, went several times to LA in the last year, he got relatives there. He brought some photos from stores and fleamarkets home that almost made me cry (a river .
    I really think I've to do more travelling.