BLACK SABBATH

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
That is all.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's right.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Yo, you doing Sabbath in the park at any point this year? 'Cause I'm all about that.

• Untouchable.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Fuck. Yes.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Ah man I dunno might be autumn. When days get short and dark and night colder and leaves start to fall off the trees.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Supernaut, batches!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    :goat:

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    A National Acrobat!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    SHRED TIME

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Supernaut, batches!

this guitar intro is one of my all time favorites

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I'd love to one day make it to one of these Sabbath in the parks. It sounds like a lot of Beer, Hair and Guitar solos. All of which I am a fan of. I guess any excuse to talk about old Sabbath is worthwhile in my book. I was just watching the Paris footage thinking about how strange it is to see these guys looking very much my age slagging off.

• chrisflyerchrisflyer 275 Posts
    hell yeah.

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts
    I LOVE BLACK SABBATH (but I thought it would be fun to share these instead of posting links to the Sab you know):

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    enabling disabled (why do people do this?)

been digging the Ian Gillan stuff lately

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    If you don't like Black Sabbath then you're a fucking crumb.

• Aside from being a Sabbath fiend in general, Behind The Wall Of Sleep = my all time favorite break.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Checking out the Sabbath clips above makes this type of stuff even more apparently stand out like the silly faux rock that it's always been. Thank god people like this nowadays have to work at Starbucks to pay their rent.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    you are insane. Screaming Trees stuff on SST and their EP on Sub Pop are among the best psychedelic rock of the 80's.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    you are insane. Screaming Trees stuff on SST and their EP on Sub Pop are among the best psychedelic rock of the 80's.

My friends played all their records to me back in the day, I've seen them live in ca. '89 and to me they're still as unnecessary as it gets. They were the predecessors of grunge in all of its irrelevant annoyance.

"best psychedelic rock of the 80's" means as much as "best R&B of the 90's": poisonous shit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Frank said:

"best psychedelic rock of the 80's" means as much as "best R&B of the 90's": poisonous shit.

no point in arguing with someone who just dismisses entire genres of music.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    Frank said:

"80's psychedelic rock" or "90's R&B" are not musical genres, they're not even sub-genres, they're a cultural embarrassment.

Which all should not take the focus away from the original purpose of this thread, the worshiping of Black Sabbath. It's quite incredible how much seminal bands like Black Flag, Misfits or the Melvins owe to this band.

One of the most incredible bands ever and I can't help but admire by Ozzy's keen sense of fashion.

• dude, please. there is tons of good r&b from the 90's.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    When I worked as a mailman, all my younger colleagues were huge metal fans, but only into current metal. I was pretty surprised to learn they had absolutely no love for Black Sabbath. None at all. The shame.

I'm no metalologist, but the riff at 3:15 in Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is the earliest example I can recall hearing of a muted-strings-metal-riff, the kind you'd hear all the time in newer metal. May be completely false, awesome riffage anyhow.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    When I was a young youth playing the football, I used to listen to my cassette of We Sold Our Soul For Rock N Roll on repeat in my headphones on the bus ride to games. Riding toward a deserted Manning Bowl under an overcast sky when the riff kicks in a 4:52 in Black Sabbath will send chills down your spine. The Manning Bowl was where we played the two Lynn teams in our conference. For those non-Massachusites, Lynn is a tough town. Especially tough when I was growing up.

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:

I'll bet there're a lot of polka, Broadway musical & marching band fans in here.