The only piece of jewelry I would care to own

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
Inspired by the CTI SUITCASE thread, I pulled this out of a copy of "Lovers" several years ago. Don't know where the original is but for some reason I decided it was worthy to scan.

How ill would it be to have a SOLID 14K GOLD truck chain and pendant with a picture of Cannonball Adderley's face on it. SEW TITE. I wonder if there are any of these actually still floating around...

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I too have now seen it and WANT!
    I too would like to "Walk Tall" w/Cannonball.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Years and years ago I bought a small stack of shrink wrapped O'jays 45s that had a "real jade" pendant sitting right in the 45 hole.
    I still have the pendant which is in relief and has a globe in the center with doves, olive branches and the words "love" Peace" around the globe. Of course the globe is resting on the back of what appears to be a praying woman.
    It is almost a half inch thick.

Almost all the 45s were broken from being stacked with the pendants.

Edit: looking at the back it says: Copyright Kimberly Gems 1971 Genuine Jade.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I'm not much on the jeweleries, but if I had a gold name plate that said "I WISH YOU WOULD," I'd rock that shit everywhere, please believe it.

Tangentially related: Check my local neighborhood club's recently unveiled new logo:

I know that hewmie on the far left is supposed to be a dad wearing a baby in a carrier, but due to the designer's questionable decision to leave out the bottom set of straps, it's a little tough not to see it instead as a super-duty dookie rope:

"It feels like a midget is hangin' from my necklace"

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    james said:
    I'm not much on the jeweleries, but if I had a gold name plate that said "I WISH YOU WOULD," I'd rock that shit everywhere, please believe it.

Tangentially related: Check my local neighborhood club's recently unveiled new logo:

I know that hewmie on the far left is supposed to be a dad wearing a baby in a carrier, but due to the designer's questionable decision to leave out the bottom set of straps, it's a little tough not to see it instead as a super-duty dookie rope:

"It feels like a midget is hangin' from my necklace"

that is priceless. looks like this...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Or Hartlepool.

Monkey hanger
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Monkey hanger" is an affectionate term by which Hartlepudlians are often known.[1][2]

According to local folklore, the term originates from an incident in which a monkey was hanged in Hartlepool. During the Napoleonic wars, a French ship of the type chasse mar??e was wrecked off the coast of Hartlepool. The only survivor was a monkey, wearing a French uniform (allegedly)-(presumably to provide amusement for those on board the ship). On finding the monkey, some locals decided to hold an impromptu trial on the beach; since the monkey was unable to answer their questions, and many locals were unaware of what a Frenchman may look like, they concluded that the monkey was in fact a French spy. Just to make sure, the animal was thus sentenced to death and hanged from the mast of a fishing boat on the Headland.

The term was originally derogatory, and is often applied to supporters of Hartlepool United Football Club by supporters of their arch rivals Darlington. However it has been embraced by many Hartlepudlians, and only a small minority still consider the term offensive; indeed, Hartlepool United F.C.'s mascot is a monkey called H'Angus the Monkey. In 2002, Stuart Drummond campaigned for the office of Mayor of Hartlepool in the costume of H'Angus the Monkey and narrowly won; he used the election slogan "free bananas for schoolchildren", a promise he was unable to keep. He has since been re-elected twice.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

and I thought you were going to post this.................

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I rocked this in 89' bought from a flea market after seeing Ken Griffey Jr. wearing one.