...all in all, how do YOU feel about F.O.O.D.?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Just saying - me and the wife started getting organic produce boxes through Eat Well Frams (http://eatwell.com). This past week's came with fresh basil - like 1-2 days out of the dirt fresh. Made a simple pesto with it:2 cups of packed basil1 garlic clove1/2 cup of roasted pine nuts6 TB of olive oilPoured it over some pasta.

Comments

• Just saying - me and the wife started getting organic produce boxes through Eat Well Frams (http://eatwell.com). This past week's came with fresh basil - like 1-2 days out of the dirt fresh. Made a simple pesto with it:

2 cups of packed basil
    1 garlic clove
    1/2 cup of roasted pine nuts
    6 TB of olive oil

Poured it over some pasta.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    mmm pasta. put a little on it and mmm mmm good.

i think the weaksauce graemlin should have made it to the new additions

• I used to be into pesto. but then I started hatting on Heiro and it was too close to "phesto". So I started having like a gag reflex. Now I just hit up the fried chicken at the liquor store. I also like the raw pickles they keep in those jars. Carry that shit around in a plastic bag. I never had a taste for grits but now I eat it because that's what's up. I keep it real.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Well, I am though!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Just saying - me and the wife started getting organic produce boxes through Eat Well Frams (http://eatwell.com). This past week's came with fresh basil - like 1-2 days out of the dirt fresh. Made a simple pesto with it:

2 cups of packed basil
    1 garlic clove
    6 TB of olive oil

Substitute the basil with cilantro for a different twist.

• Well, I am though!

oh yeah. that looks like some plate lunch goodness.

i give food 5 stars.

i live in the oaxacan neighborhood of koreatown. alls i know that means is there is good mole and pupusas and gorditas and elotes and posole and tamales none of which i will attept to cook myself. but its good shit.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Just saying - me and the wife started getting organic produce boxes through Eat Well Frams (http://eatwell.com). This past week's came with fresh basil - like 1-2 days out of the dirt fresh. Made a simple pesto with it:

2 cups of packed basil

1 garlic clove

6 TB of olive oil

made the same thing last night, minus pine nuts, plus parm cheese... fresh garlic bread, salad, had the girlie goin nutz

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

i live in the oaxacan neighborhood of koreatown. alls i know that means is there is good mole and pupusas and gorditas and elotes and posole and tamales none of which i will attept to cook myself. but its good shit.

Oaxacan grub is . Love that shit.

But yo, I heard that the Oaxacan's didn't even invent that mole shit. Jalisco broke 'em off with the recipe and then Oaxaca took the credit. Plus all that chocolate sauciness is played out. These days it's all about that new Colimacrunk style of cuisine. Straight bangin.'

• Pho, Pho, Pho..How do you like it? How do you like it?[/b]

Pho, Pho, Pho..How do you like it? How do you like it?[/b]

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    PHO SHIZZLE!!!!!!! Love a bowl of Pho. I had a big bowl of Pho Tai Bo Vien for lunch today. Ate a bowl of Pho for lunch almost everday when I was in college.

Pho Rillz Tho...

I usually get a #1, large, but I could do without the tripe and beef balls. Just gimme that raer steak.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    feelin it

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    not[/b] feelin it

no red meat for me, dun...

not[/b] feelin it

Then you better get with the chicken pho, Pho Ga dunnie! Pho Ga is the BEST thing for lunch when you have a cold!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    not[/b] feelin it

feelin that, but i'm feelin f.o.o.d. as a whole.

something about beef in a bowl that doesn't look/sound appealing. maybe if i was stoned.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Then you better get with the chicken pho, Pho Ga dunnie! Pho Ga is the BEST thing for lunch when you have a cold!

is that chicken raw?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

is that chicken raw?

if the answer to the above question is "no" can someone drop some recipe knowledge?

• i like the southern vietnamese pho as opposed to the thick noodle northern stylee. i had some bomb ass viet curry with [carpet]bagguette bread. it was dericious!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Pho IMO is overrated. Had like -0- flavor. My sister, friends and bro in law were bout it and I tried it and wanted my $5 back. I was pouring sauces and all sorts of stuff in there, NOT[/b]

And yes, the beef, chicken,etc appears a little off because they flash cook it or something so it stays red. Gourmands correct me if I'm off.

• 1). Food threads on Soulstrut= Everlasting GOOD LOOK

2). I went to the Citrus Club for dinner last night (Upper Haight). That place is . The Pad Thai was nothing I ever had. Instead of the usual "orange sauce"
    that I get at King of Thai, this place has this Alfredo-esque type of sauce. They even had plum sauce on the tables AAAAAAAaaand it was dirt cheap.

cue-up that Ross Hogg graemlin of him saying "delicious"

• i gotta admit, a good broth makes the pho.

a lot of times the meat is thrown in the bowl raw so i usually bury my shit under the noodles so it cooks. however, this is no mistake, it is served raw. there is also a raw beef salad that is pretty damn tasty.

2). I went to the Citrus Club for dinner last night (Upper Haight). That place is . The Pad Thai was nothing I ever had. Instead of the usual "orange sauce"
    that I get at King of Thai, this place has this Alfredo-esque type of sauce. They even had plum sauce on the tables AAAAAAAaaand it was dirt cheap.

yuppified asian food

yuppified asian food

Pho IMO is overrated. Had like -0- flavor. My sister, friends and bro in law were bout it and I tried it and wanted my $5 back. I was pouring sauces and all sorts of stuff in there, NOT[/b]

And yes, the beef, chicken,etc appears a little off because they flash cook it or something so it stays red. Gourmands correct me if I'm off.

Then you ate at a WACK pho shop hommie. A good bowl of pho has CRAZY FLAVOR. Rich beef broth with star anise, cinnamon, cilantro, onion, ginger, parsnips, etc.
    FLAVOR!!!!! Where did you eat pho?

Pho IMO is overrated. Had like -0- flavor. My sister, friends and bro in law were bout it and I tried it and wanted my $5 back. I was pouring sauces and all sorts of stuff in there, NOT[/b] j

Dude, maybe you've been going to wackest pho places ever but O flavor? That's like saying free jazz is wack.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    yo! I love me some Pesto sauce, but that shit always makes me burp pesto for the rest of the night, am I crazy? TMI? sorry. does this happen to other people?

• yo! I love me some Pesto sauce, but that shit always makes me burp pesto for the rest of the night, am I crazy? TMI? sorry. does this happen to other people?

mildly. what fucks me up is the sausage [go 'head kingy]. portugese sausage, chorizo, longanisa. stank burps for days.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I ate pho at legit Vietnamese place in Arlington, VA. Setup looked legit, rave reviews, etc. I don't eat beef, so perhaps that's hiccup number 1. Chicken only. Just didn't have snap. I dunno.

An Odub, free jazz is wack. Cue Fatback hateration!
    Peace
    T.N.

• hey, whatchall know about shanghaiese food? i had the most deliciousest fry bread with soy milk. plus them dumplings in red vinegar is like my all time favorite dumplings. all filled with ginger and pork and shit. umm umm. oh, and the noodles! them flat disc noodles. so good with the proper wok burn.