lee moses-california dreaming (alternate version)

spivyspivy 866 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central

bought a copy yesterday for a couple bucks. was pleasantly surprised to learn it is lee moses singing on this version from 72. always passed on this record as a "breaks" record with "aint no sunshine" and "light my fire". oops.

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that's Lionel Hampton singing California Dreaming. But it's Lee Moses singing on Bridge Over Troubled Water. In any case, Lee Moses is on there. Also the Lionel Hampton 45 on Gates.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Love that face he's making :shreddin_it:

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    holmes said:
    I'm pretty sure that's Lionel Hampton singing California Dreaming. But it's Lee Moses singing on Bridge Over Troubled Water. In any case, Lee Moses is on there. Also the Lionel Hampton 45 on Gates.

we're both right. lionel does the talking sing song at first but after he says "come on and help me somebody" a minute or two in right at the breakdown it is all lee moses the rest of the way.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    ah, I was too lazy to get out of bed & scratch through thousands of LPs for the record & was going from memory & an amazon soundclip which definitely sounds like Lionel Hampton. I fail with the "Lee Moses on Bridge Over Troubled Water" too. lol
    I often wonder what else (if anything) he is on. Johnny Brantley had a few things going in the late 60s/early 70s & there's gotta be stuff other than this & the "Jimi Hendrix"/Herman Hitson stuff........
    How killer would a proper vocal take of his "Reach Out I'll Be There" 45 be to have :melt: