More Crazy Craigslist Record Ads

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
incredible collection of vinyl w/turntable - $1600 (plano)

this is the most strange mix of music and collectibles ever. it is the cream of an 8000 album collection. it includes over 250 33rpm LPs, 150 45s, a couple of discwashers, a vintage album vacuum cleaner that works, and a sony direct drive turntable with new needle that works but missing the dust cover. sorry, technology is not my forte and i dont have pics for you.

there are also many box sets of 45s and 33s, like glen millers army air force band and a collection of kennedy speeches.

the 45s are not that collectible, just stuff i liked - phil harris singing "thats what i like about the south" and roy orbison singing "leah".

the 33s have some gems in there that may be worth the entire price i am asking, just for a few of them. i have the beatles first record on vjay(i opened the plastic on it). another one i opened and only spot played is buck owen's first record on lebrea records. that one booked for 100-200 last time i looked. there is coven(one tin soldier fame) but this record is pure satan, complete with a pristine gatefold containing the black mass. if i lost christians there, too bad. i have some of the finest gospel quartets of the 60s, all in near mint. i have many NM jimmy swaggart early albums(say what you will, he could play and perform as good as his cousin jerry lee). and there is more, including dallas' very own expo '72, the revival of the jesus people on album that was only available in the mail to those who were there. it includes johnny cash, who was there. pat boone, jim and tammy baker - just all kinds of stuff.

back to regular records - nakedness. oh yeah, albums are great for their art and i have that. the original buckingham nicks with them on the ablum nude(not full but, you know). i have jazz, opera, and some really good old country and bluegrass. i even have a recording of country joe mcdonald and the fish on vanguard records. i had several copies of this at one time but this one caught my eye and made me email joe. he emailed back and told me that the album i had was refused to be put out on shelves because they were all full frontal buck naked on the back. the record company took them all back. his last word on it was, "i dont know how many there are out there, but there cant be many."

heck, i even have some of the cereal box archie records. i remember playing those as a kid. and some colored beatles 45s including taxman.

this is a fun and valuable collection. my daughter in michigan has an infant and could use some help so i am letting go of something dear to me because she and her son is dearer. each piece has a different reason for me keeping it, from collectible to cool to i like the music(got the morels out of springfield missouri doing some wild rockabilly) to stuff i figured would generate interest on ebay some day. the asking price is "or best offer" and i will entertain all offers. still, i think its worth it or i wouldnt ask. send me a number and we can talk or you come and look and listen. i would be intersted in selling selections as well if i have to but gonna try to sell the whole thing. i even have a promo album for bessie griffith and the gospel pearls from about 1960 on liberty records. what a find. the needle hits the vinyl and its instant church. she is way better than mahalia jackson, who i also have.

dealers welcome. come look and show me the money. i dont want to part it out because i will be almost as sad at missing some as all. gotta do it all at once if i can.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
78 rpm records-Motown favorites - $60 (North Dallas)

120 plus 78 rpm records containing all of your Motown Favorites.

Comments

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    needle hits the vinyl and its instant church

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    i was laughing at the "Motown 78" ad....but shit:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

Must be South African or some shit.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Must be South African or some shit.

if dude is telling the truth...120 Motown 78s would be well worth $60 from just a "hey, look at these, aint that fucked up? Motown 78s!" to folks that come over to your house