SoundCloud Mixes

Comments

• bazbaz 30 Posts
    Best moments from 20 soviet LPs for Melodiya label 50th anniversary:

DJ Bazil - Melodiya Label 50th Anniversary Rare Soviet Selection by Dj Bazil on Mixcloud

and another jazz-funk soviet selection here:
    http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php?/forums/viewthread/77534/

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

Tribal, hypnotic dance music ish.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    for those with rockist tendencies.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    All things house and electronic...

An oldie that I just upped... mix of newer and older soulful stuff (but not just soul/r&b).

• beezerholmesbeezerholmes Edinburgh 59 Posts
    A mix i recorded when all that chill wavey indie stuff was kicking about, i briefly ran a night of this, but it got canned in favour of a Nu Metal night...

Go Bang Mix No.2 Pt 1 by Beezerholmes on Mixcloud

Pt 1 is also on here
    http://www.mixcloud.com/beezerholmes/go-bang-summer-indie-chill-mix-aug10/

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• audio quality is bullshit on this stream. shit's still harder than most. simple premise: herbie hancock samples over nasty drums with accapellas on em.

Err. Mah. Gerd.

One of the OG members of the Psychonauts has put the essential mix on soundcloud. 1996.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts

• fresh mix of my own material, it just scored 'mix of the day' on Resident Advisor too... stoked.

I tried to upload a mix & soundcloud blocked it on copyright grounds. I'm guessing that if I up-grade to some premium sh*t, they turn a blind eye... or what? How does this work?

• not sure going pro will stop the algorithm picking up copyright issues on a mix.
    I find it best to upload mixes of that nature to Mixcloud, although it doesn't have a download option, and it means building up your listeners / followers on a new platform too.

they have really started screwing down on the copyright / mix issue on s-cloud the past year or so.

*edit*
    http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2014/06/end-soundcloud-djs/

I've found that their algorithm only seems to check the first minute or so of an upload for copyrighted material, and not beyond that.

I get around it now by just making sure that the intro of a mix doesn't feature anything remotely popular. I even had an older mix rejected and then accepted after I tacked on a new intro before the OG intro!

• That rings a bell Ketan. Good thinking!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i have completely given up on soundcloud now, it used to be the case you could hide mixes with intros etc but I have had these removed now. Thankfully I didnt re subscribe to my pro plan so I dont lose out on that, the downside is I had spent years building a decent following on there only to see it essentially disappear. Fortunately I had been parallel uploading mixes to Mixcrate for a while. I did try mixcloud but it seems to crash and burn on my mac when ever I get to the final stages of uploading.

the_dL said:
    i have completely given up on soundcloud now, it used to be the case you could hide mixes with intros etc but I have had these removed now.

i'm curious... how long after allowing your mix on did they remove them? whenever mine have been removed it literally minutes after uploading. how recently has this happened?

i've been uploading mixes with "decoy" intros only in the last couple of months and they're still going. so i guess i'm wondering if it's a matter of time before they're taken down.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    ketan said:
    the_dL said:
    i have completely given up on soundcloud now, it used to be the case you could hide mixes with intros etc but I have had these removed now.

i'm curious... how long after allowing your mix on did they remove them? whenever mine have been removed it literally minutes after uploading. how recently has this happened?

i've been uploading mixes with "decoy" intros only in the last couple of months and they're still going. so i guess i'm wondering if it's a matter of time before they're taken down.

One had been up for at least 18 months, one for a year or so (and an edit that was removed after 3 years!)

• Duderonomy said:

I tried to upload a mix & soundcloud blocked it on copyright grounds. I'm guessing that if I up-grade to some premium sh*t, they turn a blind eye... or what? How does this work?

That won't help. I have a premium / pro account and have had shit removed -- some immediately after uploading, some (literally) years later.

That sucks!

Not soundcloud, but a vintage Autechre mix from 1994 on yootoob:

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

Nerdy, warm 70s winter synth mix.
    Up for now until SC takes it down :(
    Enjoy.

• Made a mix with my Sol Power partner for the cookie dough podcast outta London. We cover LOTS of ground -- reggae, hip hop, jungle, disco, house, Latin, Brazilian, Go-Go, African, and so on...90 minutes, 40 tracks.

:-P

Cool mix!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Re: Soundcloud mix takedowns, I think they want you to switch to using MixCloud which will stream pretty much anything as it aims to add links to purchase each track. It's a pretty good idea really, just a shame it's not made clearer and integrated better.
    That said you still see endless mixes and radioshow mixes upped by artists and they never seem to get taken down. Maybe how you list them when uploading can makes a difference?

• Okem said:
    Re: Soundcloud mix takedowns, I think they want you to switch to using MixCloud which will stream pretty much anything as it aims to add links to purchase each track. It's a pretty good idea really, just a shame it's not made clearer and integrated better.
    That said you still see endless mixes and radioshow mixes upped by artists and they never seem to get taken down. Maybe how you list them when uploading can makes a difference?

I could be wrong, but I think they are two separate companies / competitors.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    New. All. Vinyl. Mix. Is. Up. Plz to enjoy.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    meistromoco said:
    Okem said:

I could be wrong, but I think they are two separate companies / competitors.
    i looked it up & you're right. Guess since there are alternatives out there trying to make some money back, maybe that's forced soundcloud to clamp down on unlicensed material.