"# of Watchers: 5" > item not sold (ebay r)

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Don't you hate when you have 5 or 6 watchers and then your record is "not sold"?Go watch someone else's records, suckaaaaaaaaaaaaas! Don't create expectations on me !

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    its prolly people who have the same record and are curious what its gonna sell for. I do that all the time.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    its prolly people who have the same record and are curious what its gonna sell for. I do that all the time.

I know, I know, but anyway it sucks! It's like a lurker's
    (I do it myself)

Go popsike!

• Options
    Sell better records.

K.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Guilty! Also, sometimes you just forget to get back to it. I've done that! If you liked your starting price offer it to one of the watcher and see if they bite. I've forgot about my watch list and when I see no one else bid I'm slapping myself!

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Don't you hate when you have 5 or 6 watchers and then your record is "not sold"?

5 or 6 doesn't seem like that many people to me, just like casual interest, not big demand.

I've seen records get like 40 views and not sell, it all depends.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

5 or 6 doesn't seem like that many people to me, just like casual interest, not big demand.

I've seen records get like 40 views and not sell, it all depends.
    "40 views" as in counter's views or 40 watchers???????

If I'd have 40 watchers and then get a "not sold" I'd hit my head with my keyboard till I pass out

• i've had auctions with like 40 watchers, 200ish views, no bids!!

it's like everybody's waiting around, watching for one person to jump into the pool...or get on the dance floor...or pick your metaphor...

m

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    my bad, read that one wrong

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    If you liked your starting price offer it to one of the watcher and see if they bite.

Last time I checked, it wasn't possible to communicate with or even see the users watching your items. Has this changed?

• chrischris 287 Posts
    hi.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    but what drewn was saying, is you cant actually see WHICH users were watching

• the one that really pisses me off is i have like 8 viewers and then the next day it is down to 6. i never delete the watched item until it finishes. i don't see why people do it. is it a subliminal diss to me ?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    the one that really pisses me off is i have like 8 viewers and then the next day it is down to 6. i never delete the watched item until it finishes. i don't see why people do it. is it a subliminal diss to me ?

"I'll show that Dave. No one will have well priced records if I can help it."

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I do this all the time!

Like I always say, 'expectations are the mother of all fuck-ups.'

• how can you tell if someone is watching your auction???? peace, stein. . . .

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    how can you tell if someone is watching your auction???? peace, stein. . . .

On your "My Ebay" >>>> "All selling" >>> Theres's a "# of Watchers" for every item that's listed.

Saludos