5 songs you're feeling (w/ audio)

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
1. B>Konono no. 1 - "Kule Kule"/B>from I>congotronics/I> (crammed, 2005)the homie A HREF="http://www.christopherporter.com/">christopher porter/A> was jocking these dudes seriously, calling them the congo equivalent to fennesz, and i guess he's kinda on point. they build all their instruments out of scrap metal and have wooden microphones. "Kule Kule" is the sparsest track on the record and further fuels my unhealthy obsession with the likembe2. B>Unknown really dark female folk test pressing A HREF="http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1E3BWE86QVS560PPFX3QJTFZ3F">song/A>/B>from unlabeled test press lpThis is from an unlabeled joint that i forgot i had. I don't know maybe this is something obvious, can anyone id it? Either way it's really hot. "some say i got angels, some say i got devils, but i'm just a girl in trouble..." is this B>ACID FOLK/B>?3. B>Fantomas - "Simply Beautiful"/B>I>live 4/10/05 @ 930 Club/I>Despite seeing mike patton a bunch of times in various groups, i'd never seen fantomas, and wasn't really sure what to expect since i'm about 50/50 on their recorded output. But trust I was really amped about seeing half of mr. bungle. Anyway after about an hour of alternating screamy scream metal noise and talking baby heads (and Mancini's "Experiment In Terror Theme") Patton flexes his vocal chops on the al green classic for an encore. It should also be noted that former helmet drummer Dave Lombordo will melt faces with gongs. Buzz & Dunn kinda played the back all night though. the locust (who i saw the tail end of) are weird and i didn't get there early enough for the trevor dunn trio, unfortunately.4. B>M.O.P. - "A HREF="http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1M0R3W5D87IZQ30U9PQ1WFYFYO">Instigator/A>"/B>from I>code of the streets[/i] compWhile most rappers are whining about stopping violence, the mash out posse supports taking shit to the streets and not just leaving it on record. I don't think they could fall off if they tried. 9th wonder surprisingly gives them an appropriately hard beat as well.5. B>Jerry Moore - "This Is My Time"/B>from I>life is a constant journey home/I> (esp, 1967)got this in the mail today. like a more bluesy/less jazzy eugene mcdaniels or terry callier. maybe there's a better parallel, but that's the best my beat digger centric ass can muster up. peep the avatar. that's whats up.

Comments

• I don't think they could fall off if they tried.

I dunno, man. I'm a big MOP fan, but they did do a joint with the Spice Girls and one with Backstreetnsyncnewkindsontheotownboys

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I don't think they could fall off if they tried.

I dunno, man. I'm a big MOP fan, but they did do a joint with the Spice Girls and one with Backstreetnsyncnewkindsontheotownboys

you inaccurately assume that selling out begets falling off.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts

5. B>Jerry Moore - "This Is My Time"/B>
    from I>life is a constant journey home/I> (esp, 1967)
    got this in the mail today. like a more bluesy/less jazzy eugene mcdaniels or terry callier. maybe there's a better parallel, but that's the best my beat digger centric ass can muster up. peep the avatar. that's whats up.

A****w, put up the sound for this!

PS you see the little Konono video on their site?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

got this in the mail today. like a more bluesy/less jazzy eugene mcdaniels or terry callier. maybe there's a better parallel, but that's the best my beat digger centric ass can muster up. peep the avatar. that's whats up.

A HREF="http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1KNV6U8GBQ63V0TA93FOOL5EHN">done/A>.

btw, found A HREF="http://www.totalshutdown.com/espdisk/" target="new">this site/A> while searching for the jerry moore. figured it'd be up your alley.

link plaese?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Hey Noz, peep this group on ESP called Octopus if you get a chance. Kinda bluesy/psych group that you'd probably like.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts

A HREF="http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1KNV6U8GBQ63V0TA93FOOL5EHN">done/A>.

btw, found A HREF="http://www.totalshutdown.com/espdisk/" target="new">this site/A> while searching for the jerry moore. figured it'd be up your alley.

link plaese?

Gonna download that when I get home. Here's the link. Click video

Seen that page before! Total Shutdown is actually a band from CA, I have a few of their records. Sweetest thing they did was put out a record with their parallel grooves..start on one groove and it's them, start on the other and it was some Beatles record

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    well, my pretty's, grandpa's been broke as of late and hasnt looked for records for about 3 months now. hence, my record player is kinda just collecting dust and ive begun to to take my work home, ie watch tv at work watch tv at home. so instead of 5 songs im "feelin" id like to tell you about 5 tv shows i dig.

5. 24 - i mean this show is quite unbelievable especially the parts with the fat computer geek guy that can like tell you over the phone how to crack systems and shit. i mean, by no means am i knowledgeable on computers, but even i find it hard to believe. anyways, there's this middle eastern dude that first tried to bomb downtown LA [yay! /], then tried to start critical mass at nuclear power sites, and now he's got something called a football where he can launch nuclear fuckin missiles and shit and he blew up airforce one. now now, im not, uh, "taking the bait", but regardless, this is a wildly entertaining show and kiefer is always yelling into his cellphone like foll get that verizon homie. this show is #5 because of the fact that there are no young hot females on it.

4. grey's anatomy - alright littler dudes than me, i know what youre thinking. "shiggie likes this trite yuppity bullshit?" yes i do. i am, btw, a product of middle class asian-trying-to-be-white parents. but i like it cuz the girls are cute. and hey, before you get smarty, im not blind. i can see that that asian girl is not remotely cute, but still, i really like her emotionless cold bitter ass kissing character and she's a great actor. but i like that white girl grey or whatever. she's cute. i cant lie. but dude, i mean, again, i aint no doctor and shit, but when did they start making tailored scrubs? sheeeit, her scrubs be all showing off her slight waist and shit, puhlease...more. i mean less.

3. LA news - alright out-of-towners, this is some local LA shit so you can plug your ears or whatever. but in LA channel 13 and fox 11 have all but decided to do away with that tired news format and emulate the great news shows like inside edition or entertainment tonight. i shit you not, channel 13 dont even have chairs, they newscasters just stand there at some high desk like pat obrien and shit. and the one chick always tries to ho it up giving me the sexy eye and shit right through the TV! anyways, she's pretty dum and yesterday they were reporting on some bank robber that almost shot himself and she said he was "showing his stupiddy, uh, stupid...stupidity." shit was funny! anyways, the weather girls, yes i said girls, are always like 25 years old and pretty damn hot. best of the best is jackie johnson on kcal channel 9 cuz she's dum as fuk and got big boobies and collagen lips. oh yeah, and the outro music for channel 13 and 11 is usually something like that fiddler on the roof gwen stefani shit or that new luda and sometimes some old janet and on raer occaisions some stevie yes stevie wonder. props on that!

2. fear factor - man this show is pure genius. i have seen so much funny shit and honestly this show gets me to wretch, which i dont like, but can appreciate. like they had mofo's bullriding and shit and this lil white girl got bucked and kicked in the head and went flying. i mean, FUCK! then there's this like argentinian skinny chick that had to bob for rings in a vat of blood and she got all disoriented and shit and looked like my dog pokey [rip] when i used to pull a gym sock over her head. ok dog lovers, this aint about me and my adolescent cruelty so calm down plaese. oh, and the hairy dude that had to jump between boats and missed, dude they replayed that so many times and each time i laughed like i just saw it. oh lawdy this show is great. no i will never go on that shit cuz i'll admit im a big ol PUSSY and i aint jumping in a coffin with snakes and roaches or eating pig lips and buttholes and shit. no thank you, but i will sure as hell laugh at those that do.

1. dance 360 - pure enjoyment. comes on at 530 kcal9. my last hour of work and i can just sit back in my room and chill the fuck out to spazzy white chicks and overzealous bboys. i love it when they cant dance. i mean, look, you can always see good dancers. turn on mtv or rent you got served. but them off the wall types that just dont know any better, i mean, that is that folklore shit. the stuff that will slip through the cracks of recorded history. the stuff that folls wanna forget. oh i love this show. i am gonna try and get on it cuz i got some fucking retarded ass dance moves that will rock fredo and invisible boy and that shit talkin cdj k-slllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! oh yeah. imma wear a belly shirt too and i got a gut. i mean my shits gonna be UGLY!!!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Shiggy, I'm feeling you on the TV tip, surprisingly, I'm getting a little caught up with 'Grey's Annatomy' as well...

here's my top 5

1. Next Top Model
    2. Kevin Hill (maybe since it comes right after Top Model)
    3. Grey's Anatomy
    4. Law & Order
    5. Law & Order SVU

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    No Audio - sorry, I don't know how to turn my analog into digital. Sorry for ruining the concept.

PIL - First Edition LP
    Anything off this record makes me giddy.

Black Moon - Total Eclipse LP
    Most of this record makes me rowdy.

Faith Evans - "Again"
    This song makes me mushy.

American Cream Team w/Raekwon and RZA - "It's Not a Game"
    This song makes me want to get things done.

Dave Bartholomew - "The Monkey Speaks His Mind"
    This song makes me a little sad, but it's so good, I feel more happy about hearing it than not.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

1. Next Top Model

i havent been following but i just saw the commercial and dyra's all "IVE NEVER YELLED AT A GIRL LIKE THIS IM MY LIFE"[/b] and even i got scared and stopped what i was doing. i mean talk about must see tv and shit!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

1. Next Top Model

i havent been following but i just saw the commercial and dyra's all "IVE NEVER YELLED AT A GIRL LIKE THIS IM MY LIFE"[/b] and even i got scared and stopped what i was doing. i mean talk about must see tv and shit!

I can't even guess who she's yelling at though.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Yup, sorry whitey on the moon. I gotta get my next top model fix tonight. Can't wait to see Dyra Stanks go off!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Would post audio but I'm at work:

1. Bloc Party - Helicopters

I feel real guilty about liking this group for some reason but I can't help it. It's hard for me to find newer rock that I like so I guess I appreciate it more when I find it?

2. Ms. Thing - Love Guide

I really like the vocals on this track for some reason even though they ain't nothing special. The beat is really minimalistic but the switchup for the last verse is nuts.

3. E-40 - Mustard and Mayonaise

that shit

4. Juelz Santana - Dipset Inferno

Boy is fucking crazy

5. cant think of a fifth one right now

• It's hard for me to find newer rock that I like

Outrageous Cherry, Black Mountain, Weird War, Comets On Fire

• It's hard for me to find newer rock that I like

Outrageous Cherry, Black Mountain, Weird War, Comets On Fire

Death From Above 1979