Cosmo Baker - Top Ten Mix - January 2011

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
Sup dudes & dudettes. Here's an idea I've been playing with for a long time and I just put it into effect. So for years now I've always done a monthly "TOP TEN LIST" with songs that I'm charting on my site. These kind of run the line from older stuff that I???ve discovered to brand new stuff that I feel needs to get some shine. It???s usually a mix of different sounds that encapsulate where I???m coming from as a DJ. I profile a lot of music on my site, but these ten records are the ???official??? joints pretty much.

It used to be that I listed the records and then had them downloadable as individual MP3s. But after being inspired by my homeboy DJ Fashen, I decided that I was going to start to present the Top Ten in a monthly mix that could be downloadable in it???s entirety. Couple different reasons ??? first of which being that it switches the emphasis and brings me as a DJ into the equation. I don???t plan on making these mixes super involved or anything, just a solid presentation of the songs. The second was that I get a lot of early and exclusive shit and in the format of a mix, I???m actually able to share this with you guys.

So here it is ??? Cosmo Baker???s Top Ten Mix for January 2011. It starts off with the late great Lady T and then goes into overdrive of just some joints that I???m really feeling, both new and old. Hope you enjoy it! (PS I know it ain't January yet but I doubt I'm gonna have the time to up this by the 1st of the year, so fuck it.)

Cosmo Baker's Top Ten Mix - January 2011
Tracklist:
1 - Teena Marie "Square Biz" (Secret Dub Mix)
2 - Ghostface Killah "Superstar" feat. Busta Rhymes
3 - Oliver "All Night"
4 - Son Of Bazerk "Turn Me Loose"
5 - Sugar Bear "Don't Scandalize Mine"
6 - Chic "I Feel Your Love Comin' On" (Dimitri From Paris Remix)
7 - Pretty Poison "Catch Me I'm Falling"
8 - Ilija Rudman "Against The Wall" (Killer Whale Remix)
9 - The Get Down Crew "Chante Vs. James Brown"
10 - Armand Van Helden & Steve Aoki "BRRRAT! (Eli Escobar Remix)
BONUS
11 - Daft Punk "Derezzed" (Cosmo Baker Dance Edit)
http://cosmobaker.com/

Cosmo Baker's Top Ten Mix - January 2011 by cosmobaker