DELAY'S NEW MIX ON THE HOMIEPAGE

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Killing it as always.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

i took this, right? some basement in brooklyn?

the mix =

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Yes, it's very wonderful too.

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    delay got that champion sound

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

... and I'm only 10 minutes into it.

T*m, what's the Asian insanity at 8:30?

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    damn who does the xylophone, band type cover of Queen's "Another One"? That was the shit.

• damn sam!

haught as shyte!

big ups man.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

... and I'm only 10 minutes into it.

T*m, what's the Asian insanity at 8:30?
    fred,

i really couldnt tell you. there's nothing in english on the record. mylatency started to translate when he was here, but i don't remember what he said.

another one bites the dust is indeed a marching band record.

much respect to dcastillo. i was working on this before he released his, so in no way am i trying to take his bboy spotlight.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

i took this, right? some basement in brooklyn?

the mix =
    yes, my bad. it's at a pot down the street. btw. ALL those records are crap.

photo: ed slavin

hotness regardless. "The penguin" sheeit.

props.

• D O P E

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

much respect to dcastillo. i was working on this before he released his, so in no way am i trying to take his bboy spotlight.

Where is D*ve? Don't tell me he's making real world movez?

• much respect to dcastillo. i was working on this before he released his, so in no way am i trying to take his bboy spotlight.

Where is D*ve? Don't tell me he's making real world movez?

Hopefully making real world movez to the post office because my custies have been requesting his mix since July.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Man, this is a killer mix. Well done. Great to hear some covers I didn't know existed. Steel Drum cover of I'm a Man...

Keep up the good work,

DJ Ferrari

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    hell nah, I got that Korean record he used at 8:30. Actually used it for this beat I put out with these guys in Switzerland. WILD

• "Aint it Good Enough For Ya" + chickens squawking from Off the Records =

• slushslush 691 Posts
    much love for new mixes on friday. got the office ready for the weekend

• i can not for the life of me remember what the blaxploitation thing at 30:00 is, even though its somewhere in the very room i'm sitting in.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    hell nah, I got that Korean record he used at 8:30. Actually used it for this beat I put out with these guys in Switzerland. WILD

fairly certain it's from hong kong, not korea. i used it too...never would have thought anyone knew that one. you hear the ghostface sounding thing on the last track on that side.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    She's singing in Mandarin which would be strange for a HK record. Could it be Taiwanese perhaps?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    She's singing in Mandarin which would be strange for a HK record. Could it be Taiwanese perhaps?
    I think you're right, oliver.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    By the way Delay, this is a really great mix. Makes me seriously want to step my game the fuck up.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    By the way Delay, this is a really great mix. Makes me seriously want to step my game the fuck up.

Wrrdemuponthelevel

All those trips paid off mega

Dope - I'm digging the start/stop with the Public Enemy #1 sample around the 5:30 mark (that break also gave me a stirring in my loins. Is that wrong?).

that break also gave me a stirring in my loins. Is that wrong?.

not wrong, but maybe a bit

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    no "maybe" about it, mister!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

is it me, or is having your night called "quality san francisco" and using a picture of a spot in brooklyn kinda silly.

thanks for listening, everybody. I'm really glad you like it.