Rap aint dead...

Comments

• RoNiKaL said:
    mannybolone said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    RoNiKaL said:

odub I think this was directed at you.

0 mics

listen to the song again and you will hear i dont give two f@&ks; what you think bra

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    street_muzik said:

cool

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Wait till I post German EuromanRap Videos.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    sticky_dojah said:
    Wait till I post German EuromanRap Videos.

No need to, the point is already made.

There is nothing to see here......move along.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I was joking Batmon. But I will post a Quote of a friend of mine later on that hilariously brings The 4 elements together...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    it must be dead by now..

• Okem said:
    it must be dead by now..

It's not even 5am in Sydney. I'm sure we can expect another round of Aussie contributions in a few hours.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "I knew back in the day/Oz hip-hop would never die..."

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Snagglepus said:
    Okem said:
    it must be dead by now..

It's not even 5am in Sydney. I'm sure we can expect another round of Aussie contributions in a few hours.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    pimlicosquirrel said:
    day said:
    Finally read this whole thread. Good to see le Strut back in effect. Special appearance by Z*i so you know it's official.

Tony is my fuckin dude. He and Delay pretty much summed up whatever I feel about this whole thing. Do you.

cheers

How is it you didn't fit in any Australian dates while you were out this way? This poptart infected thraed was too late in the game to have any kind of bearing surely.

I had to get back in time for the holidays with the fam. There's been a lot of folks hitting me up out there so hopefully I'll be down sometime next year.

Better put some Trem in the microwave...

• For what its worth, you can't blame the kids as much as the promoters in these countries booking washed up ass rap acts from two decades ago from the US who couldn't put 100 people in a room anywhere in the states. Of course some of the music the local kids make may sound dated, the promoters are bringing shows through their towns from rappers who haven't released anything in a decade and are hardly relevant stateside.

The end result is symptoms of a bigger problem - the world becomes the dumping ground for rap acts who are no longer relevant here.

I just heard LLoyd Banks is planning a big Oz tour. Have fun with that.

• Finnish Online Poker Raps aint dead

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    For what its worth, you can't blame the kids as much as the promoters in these countries booking washed up ass rap acts from two decades ago from the US who couldn't put 100 people in a room anywhere in the states. Of course some of the music the local kids make may sound dated, the promoters are bringing shows through their towns from rappers who haven't released anything in a decade and are hardly relevant stateside.

I did not realize that nobody in Australia had an internet connection, and that everyone there experiences rap solely through live shows. This explains a lot, although I'm still wondering how they got all those awful videos up on YouTube.

The world becomes the dumping ground for rap acts who are no longer relevant here.

This is a hilarious turn of phrase, and absolutely true though.

• faux_rillz said:
    4YearGraduate said:
    For what its worth, you can't blame the kids as much as the promoters in these countries booking washed up ass rap acts from two decades ago from the US who couldn't put 100 people in a room anywhere in the states. Of course some of the music the local kids make may sound dated, the promoters are bringing shows through their towns from rappers who haven't released anything in a decade and are hardly relevant stateside.

I did not realize that nobody in Australia had an internet connection, and that everyone there experiences rap solely through live shows. This explains a lot, although I'm still wondering how they got all those awful videos up on YouTube.

The world becomes the dumping ground for rap acts who are no longer relevant here.

• batmon said:
    street_muzik said:

cool

Goodlooks.

• 4YearGraduate said:

The end result is symptoms of a bigger problem - the world becomes the dumping ground for rap acts who are no longer relevant here.

and to pile on to that problem: where does all this leave rap acts who were never relevant here?

• faux_rillz said:
    4YearGraduate said:

Sarcasm aside, YouTube is better for learning how to cook spaghetti than it is for learning how to rock a show.
    This kind of goes for all genres I suppose. On a personal note weekly exposure to Scary hip
    Hop cyphers and wild Bigga B unity shows made me shut my rap mouth until I had gotten sharp enough to hold my own.

Somehow I don't see that happening elsewhere, but, alas, I'm old.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    YouTube is better for learning how to cook

WOO WOO SWAG

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    noz said:
    4YearGraduate said:
    YouTube is better for learning how to cook

WOO WOO SWAG

• you guys are funny as i think you guys need to relax on the whole we own hip hop thing
    just be happy people are liking something you have created guys

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    rOnIkAl I tHiNk YoU sHoUlD pOsT hErE mOrE

• RoNiKaL said:
    you guys are funny as i think you guys need to relax on the whole we own hip hop thing
    just be happy people are liking something you have created guys

Honestly, if something :face_melt: was posted from outside the US it would get props. We are just as hard on rap from w/in our borders. There's more wack rap here just because there's more rap here.

• 4YearGraduate said:
    the promoters are bringing shows through their towns from rappers who haven't released anything in a decade and are hardly relevant stateside.

pfft, fledgling Miami rappers 2 Live Crew are touring here in January