Ugly

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
slight latte pass, I've been up on this kid for a minute but this is black out shit.

[Flex voice] NUTS. [/Flex voice]

Comments

• ouch.

this is mega.

• You peep that Black Hippy song I posted in the rappity rap thread?

M*rs described 'em as half gangster slaff hash Hip Hop dudes from LA. My response was "Pharcyde Connection!"

• But yeah, that song above is hard as hell. It's been out for a 2-3 weeks now but i didn't know there was a video for it. From what I understand he recorded the day of or after Dre mentioning his name on the radio.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    KDot

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i'm all for tracks with simple beats so the attention's on the mc, but nobody is benefiting from 1 dissonant note with a bunch of reverb on it.

dudes nasty tho... When did LA adopt that Atlanta flow?

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    While i did enjoy that, the fist :30 soudned alot like something off

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    When did LA adopt that Atlanta flow?

HARVEY CATNIP

• Haha. True indeed. That is an LA flow for real, very reminiscent of Teh Blowed

• Thanks--I just googled him and found this:
    http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/09/23/kendrick-lamar-o-d-mixtape/

Anything else I need to know?

• hogginthefogg said:
    Thanks--I just googled him and found this:
    http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/09/23/kendrick-lamar-o-d-mixtape/

Anything else I need to know?

• Black Hippy is Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, Ab Soul and Jay Rock (who recently signed to Strange Music, Tech N9ne's label). Kendrick and Jay Rock opened for Tech N9ne here about a month ago. E-40 did too.

• I have dug the Black Hippy shit and "Michael Jordan" but this Detox freestyle made me sit up and pay attention. I love the way dude falls off at the end for some reason. Great voice... styling hard.

Watching that Black Hippy vid again I am reminded how derivative of Eminem some of the bars sound. Along with OFWGKTA, it seems like a lot of these young kids took a lot of cues from Em. I shouldn't be surprised, I guess, but if you asked me who was going to be the most influential to a new generation of rappers, I don't think I would've said him.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    KDot

• is that a flip of the theme from Inception?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Haha. True indeed. That is an LA flow for real, very reminiscent of Teh Blowed

Thanks for covering for me, Jonny. Flow immediately reminds me of Acey from Heavyweights Round 4.

• You don't define us, we define you.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yea, this is excellent and exciting.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    There killing it. Thanks for posting this up. My mates been telling me to check their stuff for a bit....Glad I finally did.

I like this clip too....just the cool laidback vibe they got chilling and cyphering in the lab...

• Herm said:

Black Hippy is Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, Ab Soul and Jay Rock (who recently signed to Strange Music, Tech N9ne's label). Kendrick and Jay Rock opened for Tech N9ne here about a month ago. E-40 did too.

this first dude is not that sick.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    "Look Out For Detox" is insane, rappers need to take note, thats how you guarentee that no one rapping after you can possibly outshine you, dude is amazing.

Also, am i hearing this line right? "You call out mark of the beast, with that god-damn bar code stuck on the street".

peace,xavier

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    He aint scared of stepping on other peoples beats and making them his either....