Unreasonable shipping?

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
For real, I just copped a 45 off of eBay for $15 and dude wants to charge me $10 for shipping. It's domestic at that... Is it just me or is that shit un-fucking-reasonable?

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    sounds like turntablelab

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Just happened to a friend. Ebay for $10 only to get hit with $15 shipping (Believe those were the figures).

Receives record to find out it was sent from same city.

• Yeah, $10 is way too much for domestic shipping on a 45.

I believe ebay is fairly aggressive about cracking down on gouging, you could report them if you feel like making an issue.

• I thought you had to offer a $4 option according to eBay rules...I know you're listing won't post ifyou put more than $4 on the postage section... How are they getting away with that?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    it usually goes like this for me

45s

media $2.50
    priority $5.50
    int'l $8

LPs

media $4
    priority $8
    int'l $16.50

the grey area is when people order expensive items and you need to track them. the calculator never works and the shipping is always $10 or more than what you charge them. i ended up coming out of pocket $75. i guess it is better being safe than sorry but is it REALLY that unreasonable to ask for $40 tracked and insured and quick shipping on a record that costs $500?? that is a whole nother story though

$10 for one 45 is insane. unless they add the cost of box, the padding, the gasoline they used to drive to the post office and the breakfast they ate before they got there for the energy to stand in line ;)

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    was his shipping rates listed in the auction? If so, he probably loses lots of business with those kind of rates. As long as its somewhat reasonable, I dont mind paying a little more for shipping, it just sucks when you pay alot and they ship it in an envelope with no padding and shit

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Shipping for a 45 should be $3 via First Class - I do it all the time and $3 is almost exactly at cost including delivery confirmation, to the penny.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I just paid $20 to have a 45 shipped from Colombia.

Yeeeeesh