amazon japan help

RishanRishan 454 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
has anyone bought from amazon.co.jp before? how does it work and how did you find the experience? not surprisingly i don't understand it very well, and was just wondering about shipping etc. how much and do they even ship international? i have these grave fears of being charged 2200 ?? instead of yen or some other disaster. probably unfounded, but its scary when the english translations don't make sense. thanks to anyone that can give advice

Comments

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    no one?

• I'd ask a Japanese strutter to get it for you then pay them to forward it on if you're worried about it. I'm sure they do ship internationally; I've bought stuff from Amazon.com and sold stuff from amazon UK's marketplace to places worldwide.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    I've bought stuff from them quite a few times - if you know what you're getting (translate the item description and feedfback comments to make sure) - the process is almost identical to amazon.com or co.uk.

Also theres a translate to english button on the upper right of the page somewhere. It was exactly like ordering from amazon.com and shipped quickly.

They have made international shipping ridiculously expensive recently tho, so I've stopped ordering from them.

If its cd's or dvds or books you need, you might want to try this instead

http://www.yesasia.com/global/en/home.html

• like staxwax I ordered various times from them and never had any problem.... just push the "english" button for the translation.... the process is identical to amazon.com

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    great, thanks. i'd got the translations, but still didn't understand the shipping section. but i will just give it a go now. also thanks for that link, some good stuff there