JVC Sample ID Halp Plaese. TTSTTB-R

high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central

Hiya, this may be some common UBB knowledge but my dumb ass ain't hip. Sounds to me like the theme to some 80s TV drama I've never seen. Anyone know where the sample comes from?

http://www.rehashrecordings.com/ebay/jvc.mp3

Thanks!

Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Cat Stevens's "Foreigner Suite"

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    really?

:woah:

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i remember being totally taken by suprise by that one too

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    This??? I can't pick it out.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Breez said:
    This??? I can't pick it out.

Well, those are both exceprts. If you can find the whole 18:18 track somewhere, the sample hits around 7:27.

Also, that song is also the unlikely link between JVC Force and Coldplay (who lifted something from later in the same track). They should do a posse cut or something.

Also, I may have mentioned this before, but the reason I came to soulstrut in the first place is because I saw on the Rehash site something about the Vic Juris sample back when it broke, and I emailed the one high_c about it and he sent me here. So anyone on the board who's got beef with me can take it up with him. I'm finna go reheat this coffee.

Also, Breez, you did some time at Unruly, right? Are the horns on Rod Lee's "Feel Me" a sample, or played? I recognize the Perculator thing and the Harmony Grits vocals, but I can't place the horns.

Also, apologies for the hijack (watch out now!).