What’s your music?

ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
edited August 2005 in Music Talk
What type of music do you guys or girls really like more than any other? Pick one. No picking 2 or 3 genres or more.I would say mines is hip-hop. It's my favorite music to dig for. Sometimes I buy some hip-hop on a whim and it ends up being on top of the favorites. I know this can happen with all types of music but I don't know I guess it's like how Delay put it. We are living in it today whereas all the other records we look for were another generations. I mean it had more meaning to them the music whereas sometimes we just look at it as a . I don't know.

Comments

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    We are living in it today whereas all the other records we look for were another generations. I mean it had more meaning to them the music whereas sometimes we just look at it as a . I don't know.

Yeah I know what you mean there. There's something immediate and engaging about music that deals with our current world/society. Older stuff, while still good music, lacks that modernity. Of course tastes play a factor - not all new music feels immediate and current. A lot of metal/grunge/alternative stuff that I hear (admitedly very little) sounds already stale or old to me. Maybe because I associate that style of music more with my younger self, than who I am right now.

For me, Hip Hop is leaps and bounds ahead of any other genre when it comes to picking favourites. While I feel totally out of touch with a lot of radio hip hop now - never drank syzurp, still don't know what chopped and screwed really means, don't know what fitty's last two singles were, haven't even heard that mariah summer jam, - it's still the main course in my headphone diet.

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts

• good music.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    sweet soul

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Turkish prog rock.

- spidey

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    still don't know what chopped and screwed really means

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    My instincts said funk, but I cant actually do that. Its like I am turning back on the rest of my music. I love it all. I'm an audio slag.

Anything with feeling, integrity or sincerity.

• Soul

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    still don't know what chopped and screwed really means

+

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    What type of music do you guys or girls really like more than any other? Pick one. No picking 2 or 3 genres or more.

Looks like a question I will not be answering.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    What type of music do you guys or girls really like more than any other? Pick one. No picking 2 or 3 genres or more.

Looks like a question I will not be answering.

• shit that will get me laid....
    fuck a break beat

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    "groovy Jazz".

I can't enjoy Funk as much as good Jazz, although I'd rather pick up a Funk record that a Jazz one :weird face:. Hip Hop was always interesting, but the older I get, the more rediculous it gets. Speaking of Hip Hop record you'll find in German record stores...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

I'm extremely partial to stuff in 4/4

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I like music that gets the girls dancing (preferably with each other).

• If forced to pick one:

dirty gritty low budget funk.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I like music that gets the girls dancing (preferably with each other).

What did they put in their shorts?

I know I'm going to come off souning like a ' and I don't mean to, but does anyone else get sick of funk really easily?

• I know I'm going to come off souning like a ' and I don't mean to, but does anyone else get sick of funk really easily?

Go'way hatter.....[/b]

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I know I'm going to come off souning like a ' and I don't mean to, but does anyone else get sick of funk really easily?

ONLY if that was all i ever heard from day to day - otherwise, good classic funk of the 1969-75 vintage is always fine with me

Go'way hatter.....[/b]

I love how you can almost make complete senteces out of them now!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    music I own at least one copy of

• I know I'm going to come off souning like a ' and I don't mean to, but does anyone else get sick of funk really easily?

yes

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    emo

indie

brit-pop

idm

Blue-Eyed Soul

Basically, anything pasty-white.

yes

says the man with the Footloose OST

• JAZZ

yes

says the man with the Footloose PICTURE DISC[/b] OST

btw, that falls under the "good music" category and is filed next to my vision quest OST which coincidentally is the only record that has the raer madonna smash hit "crazy for you"

yes

says the man with the Footloose PICTURE DISC[/b] OST

btw, that falls under the "good music" category and is filed next to my vision quest OST which coincidentally is the only record that has the raer madonna smash hit "crazy for you"

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Billy Ray Cypress Hill