Intros that melt

tabiratabira 856 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
I thought this might be an effective way of inspiring some more posting of good music




«13

  Comments


  • kicks79kicks79 1,282 Posts
    That leon ware track is so dope. You hear the jazzanova cover ?

  • tabiratabira 856 Posts
    kicks79 said:
    That leon ware track is so dope. You hear the jazzanova cover ?
    never, please share

  • disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    tabira said:
    kicks79 said:
    That leon ware track is so dope. You hear the jazzanova cover ?
    never, please share

    It appears right after replay end of the Leon Ware track in the youtube window but it doesn't add nothing to the greatness of the original IMHO.

    I love this track and specially the beginning:



    Azymuth - Manha

  • TDLT02TDLT02 146 Posts
    Just a few of the top of my head....

    Jean Carn : You Are All I Need.
    Jean Carn : My Love Don't Come Easy
    Dexter Wansel : Sweetest Pain
    Starvue : Body Fusion
    Leroy Hutson : I Think I'm Falling In Love
    Blair : Nightlife
    Don Blackman : Lovin' You
    Batteaux : Livings Worth Loving
    Fats Gaines Band Presents Zorina : For Your Love

  • cookbookcookbook 783 Posts

  • re-discovered this one while digging out some records to play at a friends wedding...



  • :beerbang:


  • HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Good Vibrations.

    I don't even like the song, but the intro is perfection.

  • TDLT02TDLT02 146 Posts
    neil_something said:
    re-discovered this one while digging out some records to play at a friends wedding...


    All about the Cole Medina edit of this from about 18 months ago on American Standard label, killer version that just works so well...
    Kinetic

  • WoimsahWoimsah 1,741 Posts
    disco_che said:

    I love this track and specially the beginning:



    Azymuth - Manha

    On that note:


  • The intro's only 9 seconds, but I listen to it just about weekly for some reason. It's just stuck with me.


  • barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts

  • SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts

  • tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Love the Bee Gees intro - never bothered to check that out before, thanks. No knowledge dropped but this thread wouldn't be complete without these two monster openers from Bohannon and Axelrod. As for the Asha Puthli and Farmer tracks, I sometimes listen to them just for the intros, I find them that sublime.









  • HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    tabira said:
    I thought this might be an effective way of inspiring some more posting of good music



    This tune co-written with Marcos Valle

  • Horseleech said:
    This tune co-written with Marcos Valle

    Speaking of Marcos Valle I love the intro to this, especially when the horns come in...



  • WoimsahWoimsah 1,741 Posts
    uh duH!!!!


  • EPIC


  • johnshade said:
    EPIC


    I prefer the vocal to this instro, but still some storming norman here.



  • front free:


  • JuniorJunior 4,801 Posts



  • JimsterJimster Unshazzamable saudade chord vehicle 6,036 Posts


    The sound of feedback as art-form.

    Slicker than the gulf.

  • Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,040 Posts
    I always dig the into to Herbie Hancock - Hang Up Your Hang Ups.

    The version from the Flood live double album.


  • disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    I always dig the into to Herbie Hancock - Hang Up Your Hang Ups.

    The version from the Flood live double album.


    Never saw this album before. Is it worth tracking it down?

  • WoimsahWoimsah 1,741 Posts
    disco_che said:
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    I always dig the into to Herbie Hancock - Hang Up Your Hang Ups.

    The version from the Flood live double album.


    Never saw this album before. Is it worth tracking it down?

    Great album, but not terribly easy to track down. Used to cost $100+, but this just happened, so who knows? Maybe you'll have an easier time?

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Herbie-Hancock-Flood-JAPAN-Only-Release-LISTEN-/250675915015?pt=Music_on_Vinyl

  • sabadabadasabadabada 5,968 Posts
    Byrds "Stranger in a Strange Land." I picked up an OG Mono Turn Turn Turn the other day so they are enjoying a renaissance of sorts right now.

  • staxwaxstaxwax 1,453 Posts
    neil_something said:
    re-discovered this one while digging out some records to play at a friends wedding...




    nice - ive used this bee gees track just for the intro



    also I've always liked the little intros on all the tracks on the steel pulse album 'tribute to the martyrs' - not that they really melt but i always notice them and i love that album - sorry all you roots reggae purists.







  • SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts

  • I know it's just a rip-off of "Down by the River", but every time I hear the intro to Ralfi Pagan's "Make It With You" I get fooled into thinking I'm about to hear the most hardbody psychedelic soul ever:



    Then my dreams are dashed.

  • tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Mongo_Slade said:
    I know it's just a rip-off of "Down by the River", but every time I hear the intro to Ralfi Pagan's "Make It With You" I get fooled into thinking I'm about to hear the most hardbody psychedelic soul ever:



    Then my dreams are dashed.

    yeah that's one major let down at 32 seconds. I blame the drummer - never follow a snare build up with sidestick. I was expecting something more like this


Sign In or Register to comment.