big daddy kane - aint no half steppin promo

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited August 2005 in Record Collecting
so who has one of these, and what can i expect to pay for it? anyone got an mp3 of the remix?

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I remember when hip hop wax was commanding $$$ that this went for over 2 bills more than a few times. I bet it has retained its value. Ask Rare Dave or DWG - those guys probably have quality MP3s of the track.

Peace

h

• anyone got an mp3 of the remix?

I think I got a copy a home, let me check and I'll PM you.

Phil

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Where's RAREDAVE?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm puzzled why this hasn't been bootlegged yet... the OG is gonna plummet in value whenever that does occur...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    so who has one of these, and what can i expect to pay for it? anyone got an mp3 of the remix?

i think i've got this on 12" if you need. from what i remeber the remix isn't too different from the OG..

• anyone got an mp3 of the remix?

Phil

Awww. NO PM. I want to hear it too. What's the big deal about it?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    the white label? sure i'll take that. hollur if you've got it.

anyone got an mp3 of the remix?

Phil

Awww. NO PM. I want to hear it too. What's the big deal about it?

its just rare... thats the only big deal. the only reason its called a 'remix' is cuz its a little longer i think?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    you're wrong. it's got an entirely different beat.

shit dude, thats just why i've read

now i'm REALLY curious why it hasn't been reished...

• kilogramkilogram 152 Posts
    the esg sample plays out for longer.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts

it's not that much different. more esg, less blind alley.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    sampo, was there ever an entirely different remix issued by cold chillin? i heard jared boxx play summin sounded completely different.

• raredaveraredave 205 Posts
    Where's RAREDAVE?

the remix is subtle, kinda like the "biz is goin off" remix, not a major remix in the sense of "scenario" or "punks jump up".

marley beefed up the drums at teh start and sprinkled in a bit more panned UFO for the kids, other than that its nothing amazing - the main treat is the dub version of the LP version, always loved them shits.

I HOPE it doesn't get bootlegged, but I guess its only a matter of time, on a side note B-Boy are reissuing the "blue" mix of "strong island".

peace

RD

it's not that much different. more esg, less blind alley.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    tom, if there's one i never heard it.

I HOPE it doesn't get bootlegged, but I guess its only a matter of time, on a side note B-Boy are reissuing the "blue" mix of "strong island".

also the brand new "doin damage" 2lp reissue is supposed to have 3 bonus tracks.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Reminds me to ask.

I remember I had an OG copy of the test press for OC - Times Up. Which I found in Buffalo around 95-96 from an old school radio DJ friend of mine.

Had a remix differen't than the Buck one. I sold it later that year.

Anyone know of this rmx or have a copy?

pretty sure its on the recent issue of the single w/pic sleeve

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

pretty sure its on the recent issue of the single w/pic sleeve

Sorry.. Forgot to say, not the Eclipse one either.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts

Nice record, but not sure why it's so tough to find. Definitely one of the toughest Cold Chillin' promo records to track down, for some reason.

'Ain't No Half Steppin' (Vocal Remix)'

Enjoy...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yo,

This is soulstrut at work - knowledge being dropped!! I'm surprised that this hasn't found its way on to a comp or something. Someone should think about putting out quality reissues of this material, legit ones, along the lines of what the delicious vinyl people are doing.

h

Nice record, but not sure why it's so tough to find. Definitely one of the toughest Cold Chillin' promo records to track down, for some reason.

Enjoy...

nice one Chr!s you beat me to it....

RD

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Yo,

This is soulstrut at work - knowledge being dropped!! I'm surprised that this hasn't found its way on to a comp or something. Someone should think about putting out quality reissues of this material, legit ones, along the lines of what the delicious vinyl people are doing.

h
    no.

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    Why not Delay?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Why not Delay?

back before the internet blew all this stuff up, if you had some of these rare pieces, they would melt peoples heads off. i spent almost half my life trying to track shit down. if some herbivoire can skip the basic hiphop knowledge, and go right for the turbo raers, it basically negates all the work and effort older dudes have put in. sayin.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    don't you use serato?

can't you do that with serato?

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Why not Delay?

back before the internet blew all this stuff up, if you had some of these rare pieces, they would melt peoples heads off. i spent almost half my life trying to track shit down. if some herbivoire can skip the basic hiphop knowledge, and go right for the turbo raers, it basically negates all the work and effort older dudes have put in. sayin.

Yeah, I used to think that in a way. But, wasnt the purpose of this music to be enjoyed?

• Why not Delay?

Yeah, I used to think that in a way. But, wasnt the purpose of this music to be enjoyed?

Is the purpose of an obscure remix that really ain't that different from the original to be enjoyed? Or to be collected? I kind of think the latter.

I feel what Tom's saying. But I also think there are more worthwhile titles to reissue. I think the reissuing of super obscurities kind of makes this drive to get them when people haven't gotten the essentials first.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    same shit happened w/ funk 45s. dudes all into eugene blacknell and billy garner, but you throw on razor blade and they're all, "WHATS THAT?"

w/ funk i can let it go. it's important to archive that stuff, but hip hop isnt that old, and it's our generation's music. i have a much greater attachment to it.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    don't you use serato?

can't you do that with serato?

whoa. holy stalker, batman.

nah man. if anything, serato has made me more of a collector and condition freak.