James Brown Revolution Live

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Is this not one of the most ridiculous live albums ever?

This is recorded and mixed so well. The energy of the performance is amazing. A few years ago my ex bought this double record for $30. I loved that shit but rarely listened to it. I was saving it. The day we broke up she went and sold all her LPs. I rushed down to the used record store to rescue this and others but this one was gone. Probably picked by an employee.

That was good revenge on her part. Well played.

That was 3 years ago so I've repressed (no pun intended) the memory for the most part 'till now. Anybody see this around? Is it hard to get.

Wha'd'y'all think of this record? I wont get over this till I find one.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    it should be findable for under $20

• it should be findable for under $20

In good condition?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    that album rules... imagine if you owned this one:

live in paris on ACETATE!!!1971

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    its on the wall of my neighborhood recordstore for 40 euros.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    This was the first JB live album I discovered. My auntie had it, and I later found it at Goodwill for $2.

In terms of CD's, this is easily one of his best performances. One of the last shows with Bootsy and Catfish in the band:

Revolution Of The Mind was recorded right after JB kicked various people out, so the sets between the two are slightly similar. In terms of energy and anticipation, the intro on Love Power Peace is almost too much to take, definitely a "chicken skin" moment.

Here's an MP3, for those who haven't heard it.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/3812714/James_Brown_-_Intro-Brother_Rapp.mp3.html

This album was the one originally intended for release, but after he kicked his band to the street, he ended up using the Apollo tapes for what would become Revolution Of The Mind.

• Thanks johmbolaya.

• "Revolution" is a blazing set, but the "Paris" show is nuke-ewe-lerrr. Do yourselves a favor and buy this over lunch today.

Best moment of the Paris album is the transition from 'Brother Rapp' into "Ain't It Funky Now".